• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Smuggler Submarine

US Navy submarine veteran Carl Musselman comments; "Run silent...........Run Shallow!"
20220918_144720.jpg20220918_144839.jpg
Bait class Patrol Surveillance Submarine flight 1. WPSS-3 USCGS Ballyhoo on patrol somewhere in the Florida Keys. She's on the surface enjoying the calm, morning sea. On any kind of running swell, these little subs toss like a bobbing cork. That's why they have a cozy Russian style conning station in the sail. It is rare to see a WPSS on the surface.

The Flight 1A boat WPSS-9, USCGS Porgy is getting her decals. She looks like a baby Russian Akula.

20220920_190416.jpg20220920_190459.jpg
USCGS Porgy exhibits another "first" for the U.S. Coast Guard. Camouflage. While exercising with vessels of the Jamaican Self Defense Force, WPSS-9 was rumored to have been involved in a minor mishap with Jamaica's newest SSK, SS-619, the Abe. Both boats returned to Montego Bay without mishap. God alone knows what paint scheme may be applied to Porgy, should she enter the floating drydock for inspection at the JSDF Base.
20220924_092645.jpg
In other Nautical News, The US Navy Sea Hunter USV, in new paint scheme and new radar suite was seen departing on another autonomous patrol.
Thanks again for looking in!

The lack of salt air has probably affected the brain wave patterns living out in the middle of corn field plains for so long. :LOL:

That said...I am a little concerned when it comes time for me to move. It'll be the first time in over 30 years that I will have been more than an hour from the ocean for any extended period of time. I know I'm going to miss it.

The lack of salt air has probably affected the brain wave patterns living out in the middle of corn field plains for so long. :LOL:

That said...I am a little concerned when it comes time for me to move. It'll be the first time in over 30 years that I will have been more than an hour from the ocean for any extended period of time. I know I'm going to miss it.
Yes, Yes you are. `

I agree helios Chris. I'm more than an hour away from the coast and I sure do miss it!

Magnificent work on the boats Rhino!

Back