• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

That's awesome. :notworthy

I have a picture of a 50s era Chrysler buried in woods like that, I mean literally.

Thanks MP.
It may be one of my references as I have a 'ton' of rusty car photo's.
The idea seems to be OK as there is a positive response. Glad to know it's not just me who likes them!

Ian, both of these look spectacular! I love the realism here. I am overwhelmed at the quality of your incredible work!

Thanks Duke, and thank you for appreciation. I put a lot of work into the soft shadows and detail, which i think gives it that realism touch. :dude

I have a picture of a 50s era Chrysler buried in woods like that, I mean literally.

Thanks MP.
The idea seems to be OK as there is a positive response. Glad to know it's not just me who likes them!

Doubt you got this one unless you been hackin' in on my phone. :rotf
hf873ff4.jpg

h1403041.jpg

You can't see this car when leaves are on the plants. Like I said, buried in the woods. Add it to your references.

Lewis Pruneau lives in a little town of St. Genevieve, Mo. There is an eccentric rich guy living there who is very old. He has collected old cars all his life. He has them on a ten acre lot in the middle of town. Trees have grown up all around them. There are literally dozens, maybe more than a hundred. They are all rusted out and it is becoming a tourist thing. People come from all around just to see it!

Moon Pup's post reminded me of it. Looks similar but imagine side by side and end to end, a field of cars that has became a forest of rusted out cars. When he parked them there originally, there were intact and running.

Moon Pup's post reminded me of it. Looks similar but imagine side by side and end to end, a field of cars that has became a forest of rusted out cars. When he parked them there originally, there were intact and running.

That's a crying shame you know.

That's what I said the first time I saw it, but, over the years, it has became something people want to see, creepy as it is!

I wish I had photographs, but I just never took any.

Thanks MP.

Doubt you got this one unless you been hackin' in on my phone. :rotf
hf873ff4.jpg

h1403041.jpg

You can't see this car when leaves are on the plants. Like I said, buried in the woods. Add it to your references.

Well that's buried all right....it must have been there a while as the trees have grown around it!
Check out this one - love the HDR coloring. These are the kind of wrecks that I find really inspiring from an artistic texture and color point of view.

old-car-city-11.jpg

That's what I said the first time I saw it, but, over the years, it has became something people want to see, creepy as it is!

So do I!
I hope there are no classic muscle cars in the 100. :unsure:
1267726_225566914266172_639268090_o.jpg

So do I!
I hope there are no classic muscle cars in the 100. :unsure:
1267726_225566914266172_639268090_o.jpg

\No, it's even worse. They are antiques! Cars and light trucks from the 20s, 30s, 40s. If they were restored, they would be worth a fortune. As I said, he is eccentric and won't allow anybody to touch them and has passed up some nice offers to buy them.

Thanks HE.

:) Well i finished my rusty car The Beast. Even managed to fit in an old New York number plate.
Hope you like it.
rusty_car1web.jpg

Looks great, Ian. You really captured that forlorn look old soldiers acquire with time. (y) :notworthy

Back