• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Looks great Ian!, and, you got the license plate color right! :)

I took care of the deletion!

Bob
:good:
Thanks Bob, its easy to research anything now with the internet. I still remember how 'crusty' it was in the mid to late 90's, trying to find some info on Uboats. There was a reasonable amount of written info but hardly any decent images.

Ian.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - D9 UPDATE

Hello MA'ers,
in between rusty cars, scifi, me110's and a 1/24 fw I have managed to get some progress done on my D-9 at Frankfurt 1945.
Here is where I am currently at with the digital work just starting over the original scan of the oil painting.
A light summer storm is rolling in, in the background but the planes are still being baked under a clear blue sky. The Fw at the far right has only just been started as a sketch and the main plane is about to have more color and details added.
I am currently building up the grass in the field.
If you would like to know more about the 'gory details' please pick the links below to go to my blog at my website. They are in order with part 1 at the top below.
If you would like to receive an email on my general website updates please message me here or send me an email and I will include you on my mailing list.
10digital.jpg

http://threedbattleart.com/current-projects-blog/fw-190-d-9-currently-underway-on-canvas part 1
http://threedbattleart.com/current-projects-blog/brokeneagles-5-fw-190-d-9-let-the-digital-stuff-begin part 2
http://threedbattleart.com/current-projects-blog/brokeneagles-6-fw-190-d-9-digital-work part3

Absolutely fantastic Ian!

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Laurence, I'm jealous! I would have loved to have been at that show! Damn!

Bob

Would have loved to have you here. The atmosphere at Canberra is great, some great models too, Canberra is a very serene place with plenty to do and see.

I saw pretty much everything Ian posted here, plus more. Great stuff, words don't do it justice.

They will have the show again next year, you know .... only saying, just in case :D

Laurence

Big thanks to MP, Luiz, Duke, Laurence and Bob for stopping by and giving me some feedback.
Thanks Guys! (y) Your support is really important to these projects of mine as I need to bounce off things with people who are like minded.

Here is where we were at on my last post just after I got back from the Canberra model show.
10digital.jpg

I remember lying on the bed in the hotel painting the cloud bank for this one and thinking how wonderful the new technical age is where i can paint in the hotel room without having to have any of the problems of real paint to worry about when I am 600 km from home.
I also got quite a bit done on the tree line while sitting at my stand and as Laurence said he came up to me a few times and I did not see him at first because I was buried in the moment with this.

Update - 2 November.

15digital.jpg

I spent a 'lifetime' on building up the field grass from the distance forward.
It's kind of like a diorama in that way in that if you want the detail to match the level of the main topic you have to put in the hours otherwise the plane will appear very strange and the whole picture just won't work.

The cammo is in full swing on the main plane and this will help me considerably when I get to the paint stage of the model as I will have already researched and painted the plane before. I still have the wings, the gun bay on the cowling, the staining and weathering and the other FW to do.

I am also thinking of having a DC3 coming in to land in the mid background to show that this is just post war. What do you think of using that idea?

Detail snapshot from the other end of the field.........
distance.jpg

I have now completed the background with 3 109 k's, a fw190 and an engine near the large building.
Also added some buildings further to the right.
The beauty of digital is I can work on these details separately at a much larger size and add them with a local
'Blur' filter applied depending on how close they are. I even 'borrowed my 109G from my retrieval painting, repainted the cammo scheme to a late war K4 and changed the design details from a G2 to K4. Bingo instant background plane (or nearly instant, as it took about an hour and a half :laugh:).

See you again soon for the final update.
Regards Ian

Either way is going to be fantastic, Ian. The post war idea is novel, it's growing on me. (y)

Either way is going to be fantastic, Ian. The post war idea is novel, it's growing on me. (y)

Thanks Mike.
The reference photos I have show DC3 parked in the background left (just off picture for this painting) with US Airforce markings.

Bob I am glad that there are limits to what I can do. I have enough hobbies as it is and not enough time.

The painting is quite awe inspiring Ian! Keep up the good work! (y)

Back