• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

Well this is the product of my week's session at the bench.

hbc22709.jpg

Saw it on a youtube but sure can't find that video now. These are the sparkplug leads. I made a bunch to pick out the best looking ones.
.6mm tube, "mash" one end and drill hole for spark plug head, string other end with thin wire (haven't found that wire yet.

Wasn't planning on super detailing the engine but figure the spark plugs were pretty visible so needed to up that game.

If you have a fishing related store, see if they have lead wire used for tying flies. It is easier and more durable than solder and comes in lots of sizes. :mpup

Cool idea on the connectors. :good: :pilot

If you have a fishing related store, see if they have lead wire used for tying flies. It is easier and more durable than solder and comes in lots of sizes. :mpup

Cool idea on the connectors. :good: :pilot

I thought it was one of the videos you sent me but I can't find it in my ytube history. :idonno

Here's the fruit of my labor today.

hcf74d13.jpg

Replacement ignition harness. Got the magnetos drilled out now all I have to do is assemble. :blink

James turned me onto some wire called Nichrome 60 34 ga. which Ill use for rigging when I get to my Albatross.

hc917326.jpg

One side done, now the easy side.

As I told Mike, I better be able to see this shit when it's buttoned up! :rotf

You can always leave some of the cowling off as being worked on.

This engine looks really nice Bob! Keep up the good work!

I was thinking these terminals are over stated, too big. Let's see what they look like when paint is on them. Didn't realise the service plate on that side of the block is the ignition wiring diagram...I hope I got the right order! :rotf

Will I Think the terminals look great. Sometimes it's not a bad thing to overstate details to help draw the observer's eye. :v

Back