• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Der Rote Kampfflieger

Kermits Weeks is the same guy that owns the FM-2 Wildcat I posted the vid of on Stoney's thread.
When I grow up, I wanna be just like Him!
:eek:ldguy
:pilot

Kermit has been a 1/1 model guy and acclaimed aerobatic pilot for as long as I can remember.

Back on the bench today.

h83d33d7.jpg

Still don't like the seatbelts, couldn't figure out that cross over part and how it would still reach the tiedown points. Oh well.. pressing on.

I'm surprised to see shoulder harnesses! The detail is amazing!
She's looking quite Albatros-ish!
(y)

Looking good Bob. The Cross Piece was closer to the buckles. Check the Vintage Aviator. Also here is some stuff for the S.E5A http://thevintageaviator.co.nz/projects/se-5a-reproduction/se5a-walkaround

Thanks Eric, it's more the seat than the belts. I guess I should have drilled out some holes. I still can't find a photo of what the real one would have looked like.

I have some stuff on Albatros aircraft and all the details, but it is all at home and will be 2 weeks before I can get to it. I have a couple of Windsock magazines and some other stuff that helped with the D.I I built last year.

Something to remember is the seat back only comes up to below the pilot's shoulder blades. Thus the shoulder belts loop way up to go over the shoulders and so look a bit off when hanging in the seat.

The interior is looking real good Bob! (y) (y)

Great work Bob.
You get that thing running and you can join Chris and I playing airplanes.
Frank
:notworthy (y)

Great work Bob.
You get that thing running and you can join Chris and I playing airplanes.
Frank
:notworthy (y)

I've already made some puttering sounds trying to crank this thing up... :rotf

Paul you sent me some stuff before, just no really good detail shots of the seats and belts. I'm passed worrying about them, git'ner done. :pilot

I'm making progress.

Got the Fuselage sealed up.

struggling with panel lines again, might have been too much coffee this am. Trying to make them pin light proof... :tomato

h7c30051.jpg

h62b90c2.jpg

Got some more sanding and scribin' to do before i get color on it.

Here's the plan. Woodgrain, then the greentail scheme with markings....THEN opiate red. :blink

Back