• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon Pz.Kpfw.IV

I got the drive cover off, think they will stay off till I get upper hull put together and fit everything.

Opened up that PE, man that's some nice stuff. I've already removed the engine louvers and started replacing them. I might end up using more PE Than I thought.

My build ain't gonna be ready June 1 but y'all go ahead, I'll bring up the rear after everyone else gets going. :soldier

Well I have been totally side tracked. I have to get a Cisco Certification by this Thursday so I've been cramming for the test since last Wend when I found out.
Stuff like this.

h77f9c19.jpg

It's not rocket science but still. :blink

Then dealing with weather events, both mine and Ma-in-Law roof started leaking from all the rain we've been getting.

h3ad2593.jpg

h4cf2b71.jpg

Shade tree over my garage took a direct hit from lightening. Only time will tell if it survives but if it falls, it's hitting my garage, and it ain't my tree!

So here's where I left it last week.

Dr John you said this kit didn't need PE, you were right, but since I got it might as well make use of it. Those rounded off bolt heads are going to be the undoing of me!

h8f5eb7a.jpg

hd7d7f8e.jpg

Got over zelot removing the plastic parts so I had to rebuild the opening a bit for these slats to fit.

Hope I get on the bench next weekend. :beer

Eventful weekend here in the Greenwood for sure. Glade to see you came out unscathed (y) ...more or less. Just get that test behind you and you’ll be good. That PzIV is looking sweet :good:

Thanks guys, so everyone know what SNR is now?
If I have to learn another TLA I'm going BSC. :frantic

OK so for the last two weeks more or less I was working on this.

he5293b4.jpg

:geek
Got confirmation email this AM. Good for another 3 years with my Cisco certs.

So progress today, if you can call it that.

Again John, you're right. This kit didn't need PE and it's getting more and more aggravating.

hb1ad1bf.jpg

hb1ad1bf_2019-06-16.jpg

Those pointed bolt heads or whatever they are, they only gave us what we need, no spares.

I used some hex head bolts to fill in the holes. Hope no one with a pin light will notice they are ASE and not metric. :hmmm
I mean for what you pay for this stuff you'd think they would throw in just some extra rivet heads you know.

hf96a250.jpg

I used the kit parts for the frontal armor.

hf0a9f62.jpg

And tested fitted on the lower hull. Lots more to do, I got jury duty next week, will be laying low at work because we in "change freeze" so no projects will be moving forward. AND I got 18 days of vacation to burn before July 31. :dude :ro:

Looks like I need to clean my lens on the phone. :stinker

OK so for the last two weeks more or less I was working on this.

he5293b4.jpg

:geek
Got confirmation email this AM. Good for another 3 years with my Cisco certs.

So progress today, if you can call it that.

Again John, you're right. This kit didn't need PE and it's getting more and more aggravating.

hb1ad1bf.jpg

hb1ad1bf_2019-06-16.jpg

Those pointed bolt heads or whatever they are, they only gave us what we need, no spares.

I used some hex head bolts to fill in the holes. Hope no one with a pin light will notice they are ASE and not metric. :hmmm
I mean for what you pay for this stuff you'd think they would throw in just some extra rivet heads you know.

hf96a250.jpg

I used the kit parts for the frontal armor.

hf0a9f62.jpg

And tested fitted on the lower hull. Lots more to do, I got jury duty next week, will be laying low at work because we in "change freeze" so no projects will be moving forward. AND I got 18 days of vacation to burn before July 31. :dude :ro:

Looks like I need to clean my lens on the phone. :stinker

Why ask why?

:good:

Back