• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunovs Churchill Mk.III Early (Post Rework)

Dragunov

Hi All!! :woohoo:

After a short time away for work and installing my new PC, here some pics of my latest project a Churchill Mk. III.

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework01.jpg

I've build this one as an early, post rework model of the Mk. III. Comments welcome!

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework02.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework03.jpg

Didn't make much pics of the build because it's largly the same as my Mk. IV AVRE, so her it is in primer;

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework04.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework05.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework06.jpg

Basic color and markings on;

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework07.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework08.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework09.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework10.jpg

Tracks fitted and painted;

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework11.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework12.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework13.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework14.jpg

Now it's on to detail painting, weathering etc............

Thanks for looking (y)

erik

Thanks guys (y)

Did some weathering yesterday, the LETTERMAN WAY :woohoo:

I think it worked out well, for a first time :D It's a bit scary covering your model with a lot of oil paint, afraid to be unable to get it of, but it worked out fine. No need to rush because the oil paint takes a long time to dry. (As the master said, but hey I'm Dutch.....seeing is believing) :woohoo:

The only thing you do need is patience, at first I thought the wash was to dark, but as Bob said in his masterclass it blends when it dries, and the drying takes a few days.

Hope you like :D

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework15.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework16.jpg

Erik

Eric old Bobs been at it for awhile and he knows what he's talking about, the rest is up to you.

By gosh I think hes got it. :dance

Tony lee

Damn Erik,

You're making me proud Buddy!!! When it completely dries, it will even be more subtle and dead flat!

I hadn't seen this thread before, and the build looks great as well!

It looks great! It really does. Good for you! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

2 big Hellos to Gerda and Miranda!

Bob

Thanks guys for the comments (y)

Damn Erik,

You're making me proud Buddy!!! When it completely dries, it will even be more subtle and dead flat!

I hadn't seen this thread before, and the build looks great as well!

It looks great! It really does. Good for you! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

2 big Hellos to Gerda and Miranda!

Bob

Thanks Bob, means alot comming from you :notworthy It's far from perfect but I'm learning alot, so the next one should be better. But I'm happy with the result sofar, I guess the secret is patiance :D

Greetings from Gerda and Miranda to! Miranda is living on her own now :woohoo: and she loves it.

Erik

Hi All,

Now for a little update on the paintjob; After letting the wash dry I did the dry brush, and the pin wash.

I forgot to do the "extra" drybrush on the panels etc. the effect I like very much on Bob's work :( I'm not sure to put it on now since I've did the pin wash allready.

I guess I'll give it a try on the bottom of the hull.

Well here are the pics of the progress sofar....

Before drybrushing, but with the wash;

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework15.jpg

And after drybrushing and pin wash;

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework17.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework18.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework19.jpg

As you can see at the pics, the wash was not removed as it should have been on some places, or mayby the wash was to thick?? It makes it look a bit more dirty than I planned but that's ok :)

Hope you like it! Comments always welcome, I'm her to learn (y)

Bob thanks again for the lessons, the weathering on this Churchill allready looks better than any weathering I've ever did (y)

Erik

Back