• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragunovs Churchill Mk.III Early (Post Rework)

Looks nigh on perfect Erik. Really adds character doesnt it. Awesome build (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks James, :notworthy

Indeed it gives it character, the blending of the raw umber wash makes it "alive" and the dry brushing makes it blent in even better.

Did you notice it's a Canadian Churchill? , from the 14th Canadian Army Tank Regiment (The Calgary's)

Maple Leaf Up!!

Cheers from Holland,
Erik

Damn you guys make it look so easy (y) :popcorn
That's a F@#$ true. :pinch:

Thanks guys (y)

Mayby it is much more easy than you think, this is my first attempt weathering the "Letterman way" and it's far from perfect, but I'm happy with the result so far.

Just give it a try, and follow the basic rules Bob posted here, https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/weathering-olive-drab

Cheers Erik

For the Upcoming Guns Campaign I want to try Bobs method. And if we can get a few more players for the sherman one (HINT HINT) there is 2 M10's wayting to be done also.

Hi All,

A little bit of work done, did some weathering, now on to more detail painting (should have done that before the weathering I guess :gogo)

Some pics;

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework20.jpg

18ChurchillMkIIIEarlyafterrework21.jpg

More soon (I hope)

Thanks for looking

Erik

Erik,

Whether or not you did it out of order doesn't matter. However you did it worked. I can find no fault in that weathering. It looks great! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Erik,

Whether or not you did it out of order doesn't matter. However you did it worked. I can find no fault in that weathering. It looks great! (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Thanks again Bob, I'm very happy with the result till now, and I owe it all to you and your system :notworthy . I've learned that using the right paint and mix for the wash and then the right way to apply and remove it is crusial. As can be said for the pin wash and drybrusing.

I still have 3 Churchils awaiting weathering in there base colors, and tommorrow I'll put a wash on the Mk.V , this one I'll try to paint like it's new from the factory, so not to much weathered.

Hope to get the dry brush effect of the "sun baked pannels" I like so much in your work on that one!

Thanks again Bob!

Please say Hi to Susan for me!

Erik

Thanks guys :notworthy

I'm in the final stages of painting and weathering, post some pics of the finished Mk.III soon!

And yes Willem I'm from Drenthe :D

Erik

Back