• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Emoticons and their codes

Doncha all know that servicemen are mushroom?

They keep us in the dark and feed us sh@@.

Some which may bring Erik Roberson back!

kisssss.gif

smiley_headbanger.gif

headbang.gif

headbangerat5.gif

eguitar.gif

Regards,

:eek:ldguy

Saw Propduster Steve post this so I grabbed him. Been looking for this guy.

Code:
:oldguy
I think every one of us can make use of him, why I remember when we didn't have these fancy :eek:ldguy

Sometimes those emoticons qare a darn nuisance because it takes so long to go through the ist to find the one you're trying to figure out the meaning of. Posts with just an emoticon can be VERY hard to decipher.

I'm curious. Why do people just use an emoticon to answer a post or make a comment? is it that hard to use a few words too?

Cheers from Peter

Don't know about anyone else, but I use those funny little things to add emphasis or just be silly.

When I looked at the new 1/32 Mossie :drool

When I see a U of Michigan fan :bat

When I think about going back into a classroom :bang head

I learned, a very long time ago, after "earning" another damn "don't forget to duck" medal that life is too short to be totally serious and that if you're not having fun... there is something wrong...

So... Model On! :drinks

That's all fine and good *I YOU KNOW THE COE for the emotiocon(s) being used. However it can be a royal pain in the but to try and find a particular emotiocon and its meaning. THAT can take a lot of time especially when you have to search for a meaning for the emoticon especially when you find a bunch of them with no explanation of the emoticon's meaning elswhere on the forum.

I was only curious as to why people use just an emoticon.

Back to my Tamiya M3 Lee/Grant conversions.

Cheers from Peter

:hmmm :idonno

:rotf

Peter which one are you not sure the meaning of? I promise you all of them are intended to be taken in good humor and positive. Even :bat

:hmmm :idonno

:rotf

Peter which one are you not sure the meaning of? I promise you all of them are intended to be taken in good humor and positive. Even :bat

Hi Moon.

At times there were different ones. In wanting to post a reasonable reply I went looking for the meaning(s) of the emoticon(s) but nver found one spot with all the emoticons listed/displayed. Plus as I mentioned before, it can take a lot of time to find out what an emoticon means.

I was just curious.

Don't worry about it. If I have the time I'll search out the meaning and if I'm busy I'll either ignire it or look it up later.

Cheers from Peter

Peter...if you reply by using the quick reply, there is nothing there to refer to....but when you reply using the "Reply" tab, you'll see all the available ones the site uses in picture format. Forgive me if I misunderstood you-- but I never use code-- just click on the one I want and it puts the code in for you...

Sometimes those emoticons qare a darn nuisance because it takes so long to go through the ist to find the one you're trying to figure out the meaning of. Posts with just an emoticon can be VERY hard to decipher.

I'm curious. Why do people just use an emoticon to answer a post or make a comment? is it that hard to use a few words too?

Cheers from Peter

I wont answer for other people, but I was reading every post and responding to most for a number of years. Partially because I am an admin and partially because I think everyone should have some response to their posts. Unfortunately I am constantly in pain despite meds and I'm down in the dumps more than up. A result of that is I have almost completely stopped posting and then feel guilty and try to post more again. For someone who answers so many posts I find I sound the same over and over again and so started just putting an emoticon down. Now I am just trying to stay current and so will likely use an emoticon because its simple.
As to the meanings, they are fairly self explanatory but if you hover your mouse over it will give the code which will explain the emoticon.

I know I am one of the worst offenders for just posting a pic with no content so if antone out there finds this annoying let me know and I'll stop plain and simple.
James

Back