• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Emoticons and their codes

Sometimes those emoticons qare a darn nuisance because it takes so long to go through the ist to find the one you're trying to figure out the meaning of. Posts with just an emoticon can be VERY hard to decipher.

I'm curious. Why do people just use an emoticon to answer a post or make a comment? is it that hard to use a few words too?

Cheers from Peter

I wont answer for other people, but I was reading every post and responding to most for a number of years. Partially because I am an admin and partially because I think everyone should have some response to their posts. Unfortunately I am constantly in pain despite meds and I'm down in the dumps more than up. A result of that is I have almost completely stopped posting and then feel guilty and try to post more again. For someone who answers so many posts I find I sound the same over and over again and so started just putting an emoticon down. Now I am just trying to stay current and so will likely use an emoticon because its simple.
As to the meanings, they are fairly self explanatory but if you hover your mouse over it will give the code which will explain the emoticon.

I know I am one of the worst offenders for just posting a pic with no content so if antone out there finds this annoying let me know and I'll stop plain and simple.James

Hi James.

It was NOT my intent to offend anyone. I was simply curious about the emoticons, their meanings and their use.

I think this is an instance when I should have just kept quiet. Very sorry if I've offended anyone.

Cheers

I have been here just about from the beginning (or there abouts) and cannot remember anyone being offensive (except SA Dave, but that us just the way he is). We have hijacked threads, gotten a little risqué or just stupid, but I don't think anyone has been intentionally offensive.

If so, send them to me. It has been 35 years since I saw combat and am starting to jones for a little action. :yipee :silly: (Yippie, Silly)

If you use the quick reply you will have to do it manually Peter. When you use the [REPLY TOPOIC] though it will give a little window that shows the basic emotes. I myself never use just an emote. There is always text and the emote is to fit the text and add a little flair. It is nice to see list of the different ones I have seen around. If those are available on the system (like that long show on page 1) It might be nice to have a page made up that could be printed out with the emote and the code next to it. Usually the code will explain if in doubt.

James I think you do quite well! I never knew you had some health issues, but don't feel guilty about posting or not. It is always voluntary and I always appreciate it when anyone posts. A simple "Looks good!" is more than enough for most items. Lately my upper back has been giving me fits. Probably onset of arthritis as my mom has it real bad. Just one of those things. Won't stop me from doing what I enjoy, just have to deal with it. My pain tolerance is quite high, so what I tend to ignore has a lot of folks eating aspirin like candy.

Anyway, it's all about having fun and enjoying the chat with each other. On another forum everyone looky loos and no one ever says squat. Not conducive to posting there and they better wake up or I will be ignoring them.

Sorry this got long winded. :smack

92.gif
41.gif
42.gif

I have been here just about from the beginning (or there abouts) and cannot remember anyone being offensive (except SA Dave, but that us just the way he is). We have hijacked threads, gotten a little risqué or just stupid, but I don't think anyone has been intentionally offensive.

If so, send them to me. It has been 35 years since I saw combat and am starting to jones for a little action. :yipee :silly: (Yippie, Silly)
Hey I am NOT Offencive I am just Efrican :D

Hey I am NOT Offencive I am just Efrican :D

:huh: :unsure: is there a difference Dave? :idonno :stinker

:java

You know, there are a lot of emoticons posted in this thread that are not on the list that I'd love to use. It would be nice if they can be added to the choices.

You know, there are a lot of emoticons posted in this thread that are not on the list that I'd love to use. It would be nice if they can be added to the choices.

Just do what I do right click ... save picture in your very own emote file and have at it ... Oh and welcome back Mark ... :soldier :pilot :train .... :good:

Just do what I do right click ... save picture in your very own emote file and have at it ... Oh and welcome back Mark ... :soldier :pilot :train .... :good:

Actually I set that up for you Gerry.

Mark let me know which ones you want.

Back