• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finemolds 1/72 Bf 109

I know Doc, didn't go well yesterday.

Had a bit of time to hit it yesterday afternoon, I'm sure I already knew this but since I get so little bench time I forgot. I can't tell a bit of different between ModelAir RLM 66 and 75. Which I think are the two colors I'm supposed to be using.

Yeah I'll be moving this out of MMM tomorrow...AFTER the new website fires up!! :geek

Well I figured out the Vallejo RLM 66 is the issue. It's just like RLM 75.

hf6eb94b.jpg

That dark spot on the decal is a dab o' Vallejo RLM66 painted on what the decal has for RLM66. Just below that is Model Masters Acrylic RLM66, what, you don't see it? IKR...

h6954ec3.jpg

So this is as far as I got. I'll be moving this over to Wesendorf Field to finish. I really want to finish up this little bird, it's a good kit and deserves a good finish.

Sounds like you have the decal curse as well Bob! My build had cracks showing in the carrier on the decal sheet.

Keep at it my friend! You will have a unique build when done.

On my Dragon Do335 kit, the instructions stated that instead of RLM76 (light blue) it was supposed to be RLM82 which is a bright green on a night fighter. I used the instruction references from my HK kit and some of the decal references as well.

I tried to use some old microscale decals to add little details and they just disintegrated. I'm talking about little decals of red lettering. They all just would turn to what looked like red powder. I think the carrier was so thin on this originally that it just broke down over time.

I almost always check my colors against my Monogram reference on the German colors. A little drift is fine as long as it is similar. I have also been using my Garage kit colors paints for a lot of the detailing on my build. They airbrush straight from the bottle or add just a little water if you are doing fine lines. I am liking them more and more over time with absolutely no complaints so far.

Thanks Paul, no it was just my ham handedness on it that tore it up. The ones on top of the fuselage worked fine.

I'm feeling the love!

Those little Fine Molds kits are really nice. I have a couple in 1/48 and one in 1/72.

She's causing grief. The yellow band disintegrated that means u'm going to have to paint yellow but I have to mask off over decals already laid...Couple of layers of clear coat on them but still.... where's the :bang head emojo?

I never had much luck masking over decals, even putting down a protective coat.

Good luck Bob! The painted band will look good though!

Back