• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finemolds 1/72 Bf 109

Decals on, did a clear coat over it then an overall neutral wash with a good wipe down then a flat coat over it.
1586735892127.png
Now I have a flat coat think i"ll come in with a dark wash.
I tried to do the stencils but dang...sure is a lot and they sure are small.
1586735892127.png

Last edited:
Is it something in my settings or browser, I can't see the ones you posted from your phone, just a long string of numbers with a .jpg after them

Is it something in my settings or browser, I can't see the ones you posted from your phone, just a long string of numbers with a .jpg after them
I"m seeing it also Gary, will report it to our man Ken. Maybe it's over size limit but I think I posted this from PC, not mobile.

Excellent work, Bob.

I can't read the instructions on a medicine bottle, so I have no idea what stencils are. Getting old sort of sucks. Not as bad a photobucket, but it still sucks

Hmm. I am looking at this from my computer and see the photos just fine. Maybe we should state what device we are using to view the site when we are having problems. As I always edit my photos down and tweak them they all seem to work fine.

Where we last left our Finemolds 109 we had put a neutral wash on it and set it aside. So about what, 8 months later, the enamel Migs neutral wash had pretty much hardened up and olderless mineral spirits would not budge it. Eric suggested giving a "dot" filter of the base colors to tone down. It worked like a charm.
I used my favorite Yellow Ocher on the brown camo, lamp black on the RLM75 and paine's grey on the RLM66. Feather it out with the big mopping brush I used on the Oiled up P40.

1607907234509.png

1607907252801.png

I need to seal up the finish yet with another flat coat and I'm happy with the finish.

Thanks again Barney, really was a nice little build. :vgood:

Not a scale i ever build but looks really good. the decals are a nice idea but i would be bothered that you only really get one go especially if you have used a deal set mixture.

That turned out nice! How do the FineMolds kit got together? Good fit? Nice save with the filter wash!

Back