• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Golden Oldies, Models and dioramas

Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Ted wrote:
These are sooo great to see, I love it that you have a table saw in your model-building toolbox.

Good point about painting the illusion of water, rather than reproducing it with clear resin. I bet we could learn a lot about groundwork from landscape painters, they don't even use celluclay, just canvas.

Thanks Ted, the absolute best there is at that is Lewis Pruneau!

Ted wrote:
I just showed a friend these diorama photos, he asked if you took the curvature of the earth into account because it's so big.

Ted

Hahahahaha :woohoo: :woohoo:

Bob

Rudi Richardson wrote:
Hey Bob,

It's always interesting to hear the different views :) The lattice effect in water is an interesting observation, and one I don't often see replicated in models. By the way, have you seen the works, particularly the water works, of Jean-Bernard Andre and Nicolas Cabaret? Stunning!

Rudi

As I told Ted, Lewis Pruneau can capture that "Lattice" effect better than anyone I have ever seen. If you can find it, check out his U-505. He has never used anything BUT celluclay!

Bob

"Arrogance" a diorama from the early 90s.

MrT wrote:
I got to see this one up close and it is very good! This stuff got me hooked on 120mm.

Terry B)

Thanks Terry,

Looks like you have a chest full of medals. Keep it up and you can come to conventions looking like Georgie Patton! :laugh: :laugh:

Bob

sharkmouth wrote:
When I read the title, I thought it would be a figure of me! Herman Goering... well, I could pass for him (shape wise).

Beautiful diorama when everything was original and no one made a similar one.

Regards,

Thanks Saul,

I haven't always succeeded, but I always try hard to at least be original!

Bob

mindblowing stuff bob! this dio is spectacular, the more in 120mm!

i would love to own the mercedes in real! :whistle:

I had posted a pic of this on the "Souvenir" thread and got several questions. Here are some pics of "Comrades".

It started with this 120mm scratch 75mm pak 40.

comrades01.jpg

The building is an old water mill converted into a "Gasthof", or Pub in Germany. The war is nearing the end, the soldiers weary and tired, but still take time to drink and sing and cook some "Brats".

Comrades02.jpg

The Pak 40 painted and weathered.

comrades03.jpg

All the figures were heavily converted and the heads sculpted to "singers". The mandolin was made from epoxy and strip styrene. The piano is a converted doll house piece. The fancy stein was also from epoxy. Furniture, deer head, CooKoo clock, chairs and stool were from plastic sheet and stock.

comrades04.jpg

Comrades06.jpg

Comrades08.jpg

Comrades09.jpg

The sink and toilet prior to putting them in the Men's room. The Cookoo clock as well.

comrades11.jpg

I thought the hot coals and the brats looked realistic!

Comradesb.jpg

Comradesc.jpg

Comradesf.jpg

OK, that's all for this one.

Bob

You bet Laura,

I think the one in the Imperial Palace in Las Vegas was valued at over a million bucks! I'd just like to have one to tool around town in! What a hoot!

Bob

Laura,

Thanks, I have 4 or 5 more to post, including my favorite, Legacies II, Twilight of the Third republic. Long title, I usually like them very short, on word if possible. It started out that way, but then... stuff happened!

Bob

Not biased one iota! ;)

Okay, I'm biased, but I also know quality when I see it, Poppy. :)

There's a lot of quality work done by a lot of people on this site. I'm always impressed when I peruse the photos. Impressed and intimidated. :)

Well, I got hungry looking at them so they look real!

Regards,

You know Saul, I always love it when I picture something in my mind, and then it turns out like that picture. Doesn't happen all that often!

Bob

Laura,

Glad you like this one. It's funny, but I can't really see my own work as others do. When I look at them, my eyes automatically look at the flaws, and those flaws interfere with my being able to enjoy my own work. I'll bet others feel the same way about their work!

Bob

Yes, but you are wise not to mention the flaws so... think of it this way. If no one else readily sees them, why sweat it? There is always the next project for which the last one was a lesson.

Regards,

Back