• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Golden Oldies, Models and dioramas

Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Hmmmm, Wes and John,

Just had a bout with the old alzheimers! Comes and goes, you know :D :D :D :D

Don't know why, I just never thought this was good! Its like some of the sci-fi movies today, tons of technology, short on story.

I tried to edit the blank post, it wouldn't let me!

Bob

sharkmouth wrote:
I do remember this and, since Sci-Fi was not may bag, wondered why? Of course, I then recalled the fabulous car dioramas, aircraft dioramas, ship diorama, and thought you were just expanding your horizons...

Regards,

No Saul, nothing as noble as that, just being a good capitalist. (y) (y) (y)

Bob

Re:Masquerade, A Battle of the Bulge dio.

Thanks John,

I never though they returned those because they weren't modelers, They just thought if they paid their hard earned money, they should get a kit in top condition. When I was running VLS, I always said that 70% of everything we sold went on somebody's shelves for all eternity! So many, many collectors out there!

Bob

"Arrogance" a diorama from the early 90s.

Dont know how i missed this one , as usual it is amazing there is so much to look at....... eye candy .

Thanks James, all the figures were Verlinden. That was made during the heyday of the 120mm Verlinden figures!. Many were conversions and all were posed to fit the composition.

Bob

modelguru wrote:
Bob everytime I look at one of your "superdioramas" I understand all over again the enough is never enough.

Actually, that has always been the ultimate question for the diorama builder. "When is enough, enough"? I still can't answer that one.

Bob

Pavel Zabák wrote:
Ave master of all scale dioramas :notworthy :notworthy (Hi Bob),

this is amazing braile scale dio. :notworthy

Cheers.
Pavel

Jack of all scales, master of none!

Thanks Pavel, I appreciate that!

Bob

B) Great dio Bob.........the level of detail is amazing(as usual).
How do you go swapping between scales with these big dios as you do 1/35, 1/16 and 1/72? Does it take a while at first to 'adjust' your scale eye?

Ian.

P.S. I am still always in awe of your ability to complete these massive projects and not get itchy feet for the next idea.

Brokeneagle wrote:
B) Great dio Bob.........the level of detail is amazing(as usual).
How do you go swapping between scales with these big dios as you do 1/35, 1/16 and 1/72? Does it take a while at first to 'adjust' your scale eye?

Ian.

P.S. I am still always in awe of your ability to complete these massive projects and not get itchy feet for the next idea.

Hey Ian,

You know, it is simply something I have always done. Same with subjects, I'm comfortable with planes, cars, ships and armor. I have never thought about it. I have done so all my life, so, no, I never need an adjustment at all.

I do get the itchy feet for a new one. But, the mansion I am doing for my daughter is the first time I have ever allowed myself to slow down on one project, (Logistics), to build another. I have always finished the current project before starting another. I am still doing something here and there on the big one and as soon as the mansion is finished in time for her birthday, I will jump right back in and finish Logistics. I will admit this big diorama has taken far more time than the others. I just don't have that mountain of energy I once did!

Thanks,

Bob

B) Unreal Bob, I can't remember seeing this one before. I love the factory dios and to think this is in 1/16!
Amazing
:notworthy

Ian

I dont think Ive seen this one before,....its simply awesome :notworthy

Im not very tall so that would probably be bigger than me !! :blush:

B) Unreal Bob, I can't remember seeing this one before. I love the factory dios and to think this is in 1/16!
Amazing

Ian

Thanks again Ian, good to see you posting again!

Bob

I dont think Ive seen this one before,....its simply awesome :notworthy

Im not very tall so that would probably be bigger than me !! :blush:

Hey Andy,

Well, it stands 5 feet, 2 inches from the base up. When sitting on it's display base, it stands 8 feet, 2 inches tall. (2 and a half meters).

BTW, I'm not sure anybody knows it, but there are six more dioramas on page two of this forum.

Bob

I think the word certifiable may apply here. This is so over the top, that well, you must either be obsessed, possessed or maybe even both!

Off-Th Chain ! Simply Amazing !! Yeah ... 1/16th to boot !! Fan-F'n-Tastic !! :notworthy :ro:

Cheers !! WoW ! That's all I keep saying !

Erik,

I cannot tell a lie! I sneaked a small plastic funnel out of Susan's kitchen, cut it down, added a cone and presto! Chango!

Bob

Back