• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JadgPanther Late Production

Looks good! :good:

Thanks Mike!

I agree with Mike...looking good :good:

Luiz

Thank you Luiz! Appreciate the encouragement.

Still moving along pup!

Great job Mike. Maybe you'll get it done in time for your Space Coast show in April. Gary

Thanks Gary! I think they do a contest every 2 years now. So I really hope I get this done by the next one, but with my track record, you just never really know! :gogo

Hi guys, I have some progress to report, not as much as I hoped, but a family emergency kept me away from the bench for a big chunk of the long weekend.

Ok – progress on the right hand side of the tank. First up, the blank canvas. You can see I mounted the bracket for the front fender and I filled all the mounting holes that would be used for the kit parts that I replaced with PE.

Pic9_1~0.jpg

I started with the fenders, adding the front fender first followed by the sides. This was lesson from the left side. I did it the other way around and ended up with a gap where the side and front fenders came together. I ended up knocking the side fenders off on the left side while I was working on the right side, so I ended up fixing the problem. A happy little accident in this case. :woohoo:

Pic9_2~0.jpg

Next was the spare track link holder. This is the glued version instead of the soldered version. I’ve broken a number of those little brackets off, but it was expedient this time. I just need to practice soldering before it become a definite go to tool. :soldier

Pic9_3~0.jpg

And finally the kit tool holders.

Pic9_4~0.jpg

That completed the left side of the tank. After that was done I assembled the kit barrel. Its plastic but molded as a round piece instead of halves and has a multi part muzzle brake so I didn’t see a need to replace it wit ha turned metal one. This actually brings up a good point, this kit really didn’t need any aftermarket. It’s a good well detailed kit out of the box and while the PE does add a little finesse to it, I’m not sure the effort and time really warrant the end result. Just my opinion. Anyway – here’s a shot of the barrel, its just dry fitted to ease painting.

Pic9_5~0.jpg

And that completed the primary assembly. I have a numbr of detail parts that need to be painted off the tank and added before weathering, but next step is primer and paint.

Pic9_6~0.jpg

Pic9_7~0.jpg

I am pretty happy with how this is turning out. Unfortunately I am not going to have it finished by Wednesday, and I am a little disappointed by that, but I want to make sure to do a good job weathering, so I am not going to rush it. :blush:

Thanks for looking in folks! As always questions and comments are welcomed, and happy modeling!

Mike

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Trying to lay down the green camo tonight and it sure doesn't want to work... Paint seems to thin, but its Vallejo Model Air, straight from the jar with a drop of retarder....

Frustrated, had to just set it aside...

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

Model Air colors are somewhat translucent, you can't lay it down all at once, especially a dark color over a light base. I'd suggest several passes at low pressure. Keep at it, you'll get it.

Thanks for the encouragement Warren and Chris.

Model Air colors are somewhat translucent, you can't lay it down all at once, especially a dark color over a light base. I'd suggest several passes at low pressure. Keep at it, you'll get it.

I think the real problem was my lack of patience. :facepalm I only had a little bit of time yesterday and really wanted to get something done. I have a few tricks up my sleeve, and fortunately, I think, I'm going to be away from the bench this weekend, so I can recharge and come back at it fresh next week. :java

Hello everyone! Its been a long time since I’ve worked on this model. I had some issues with the camo and I set it aside. Now that I reached the painting stage on my King Tiger, I figured why not work on them both together as the steps from here on out are fairly similar.

Alright, so the camo is finished up. The yellow and the green are from Vallejo and the brown is from Ammo by Mig. I did the paint free hand and really didn’t follow any real tanks, just did what came naturally.

Pic11_1~0.jpg

Pic11_2~0.jpg

I think it turned out pretty well. The camo could be a little tighter and I found a spot that needs to be touched up in yellow, but overall I’m pleased.

My question for the group, what do you think of the pattern, does it look ok, or do I need to add anything to it?

Thanks for looking! Hopefully this one will keep on moving!

Mike

Back