• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

King Tiger

Factory Fresh King Tigers were just dark yellow right? :D

Maybe not that straight forward MP. Depends on what production period.

Ian.

But it's a start to get the juices flowin' ain't it Ian?

hc555c2c.jpg

:soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier

Battle of the Bulge KT's came from the factory painted with the "ambush" camo. They were also factory fresh. No rust, not beat up fenders, no chipped paint. Of course that condition would not last.

Woooo.....Nice.

The Ambush scheme, that's not the one with the funky hourglass looking dots is it? It was just dots right? :idonno

Just like the box art?

Woooo.....Nice.

The Ambush scheme, that's not the one with the funky hourglass looking dots is it? It was just dots right? :idonno

Just like the box art?

could be dots or triangles I'v seen both.....not on the same tank though.

I notice most of the original photos, the fenders are gone and it doesn't appear they were in place when it was painted.

Demark on colors, hard or soft? I'm guessing soft because it was spraygun applied.

Some look like hard edge. Which may indicate factory application. One of those KT's has zimmert which would make it an earlier version as zimmert was discontinued in 1944. The KT did carry it's own painting equipment so camo could be applied in the field.

Late war King Tiger - dude you are in Hard edge wacky paint scheme territory! I think the most sedate you can go is maybe a white wash over a 3 tone scheme, or maybe a final version in all primer and transport tracks - nothing OOTB though.

But I got the friul combat tracks...

I'm gonna start building this thing and see where it goes. Y'all just point me right direction and I'll do my best. :soldier

I think then an Ardennes Tiger. Three tone hard edge ambush scheme.

edit:

Wait the kit you have is final production... With transport tracks... Dude all primer red... Trade the fruil tracks.

I gave away the tracks...because I got the combat tracks.... :bang head

So...Anyone out there wanna trade come combat tracks for transport?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

"Come On Man"

You haven't even busted open the glue bottle and you're worried about tracks and paint. :hmmm

I ain't gettin any younger you know.
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Hey MP, that ti-color hard edge cammo can look pretty horrible without some weathering. If you are interested in a way to beat this up and age it a bit, some of these KT's that survived the 'Bulge ' battles went on to fight on the eastern front in the same cammo but with worn blotchy white. The extended time frame would then allow you to beat it up a bit and remove some of those 'boxy' guards that always ruin the lines on the KT's.
? if your interested I have references , pics and info - build a 'real mans KT' :laugh: :hmmm :coolio

Ian.

Back