• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, The armor Updated May12, 2021.

Re:Logistics, My New Diorama, the armor Update 12/01!

bob letterman wrote:
Ken Abrams alert!! Ken, that white plastic holding up the radio case is temporary, I am building one of PE to replace it! Ken's knowledge of half tracks that makes me paranoid! :notworthy :notworthy :D :D

LOL!

No reason to be paranoid Bob, I personally try to do as much as I can out of plastic before I reach for the PE. I think it looks fine as is and once it gets painted and you do your thing, I'm sure it'll be top shelf stuff.

Everything looks great BTW, glad to see you back at this one.

:D

Re:Logistics, My New Diorama, the armor Update 12/01!

I was kidding Ken, kind of. I have checked out your M-16 on Flying Thingies several times and it is intimidating. Fantastic job all around. If mine turns out half as good, I'll be happy.

I thought I would get your attention with that comment! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I have so damn may irons, (Models), in the fire, I can't even keep them straight any more. BTW, I can take all the critique I can get on this one. I have saved all your advice to MP and will refer back to it! The windshield thing, the radio, etc.

Bob

Re: Logistics, The armor Update 7/18/10

Susan and I ran away from the snow, ice and minus temps of St. Louis as usual and are down on the Gulf coast with the palm trees!

Now that Simpatico is finished and delivered, I intend to get back on Logistics full time when we go back home. There are always a few rainy days while we are here, so, I always bring a couple of kits. I still have 6 Shermans to build for the dio, two are already built, painted and ready for weathering. Way back in the late eighties, I had built a lot of Shermans using the various VP update sets so we could feature them at trade fairs. All of them have disappeared over the years except one. An M4A3E2 conversion. It had been carried from place to place, many of the parts lost forever, but somehow, it managed to stay around. As I was gathering kits to bring along, it caught my eye. Dusty and battered, wrong tracks, plus other flaws, I decided to give it a full makeover. I have done that at other times in my life and have always been pleased at the outcome.

Somehow, saving an otherwise trash canned model always gave me some extra enthusiasm to turn it into something really special. You know, the ugly duckling thing! I decided to make it an upgunned 76MM version of the M4A3E2 and put it at the head of the 8 Sherman column. I took these pics today to post here as the beginning of a new build!

CIMG2479.jpg

CIMG2480.jpg

CIMG2482.jpg

CIMG2481.jpg

I'll be adding a lot of PE and other resin updates as well as a few personal scratch additions. At any rate, some of you have asked when I will return to Logistics. I started today!

Bob

I have revisited kits several times! I even have one Sherman, my old M4A2 (76) scratch that needs a makeover. I am looking forward with great interest to this one.

Regards,

Looks great so far Bob...I'm going to pop some corn and sit back and enjoy this!

Me too but I like the toffee popcorn and not the salty stuff :X

Great start to the session Bob

Susan did tell me its got a bit chilly down there so you were on the workbench :D

Good to see you're back at it, Bob
At the moment, I'm watchin' part six of "Pacific" before I begin to dig myself out of the house. You're right, it's worth purchasing. It's not quite as good as "Band of Brothers," but, I must say, the sex scenes were quite unexpected. No one told me about those.
Peace and Love,
Randy

I have revisited kits several times! I even have one Sherman, my old M4A2 (76) scratch that needs a makeover. I am looking forward with great interest to this one.

Regards,

I've always liked to do that Saul! I don't know why exactly, it brings more satisfaction than starting on a new superkit.

Bob

Woo Hoo, Dad's back at it!

You betcha, son! With a vengeance!

Dad

Looks great so far Bob...I'm going to pop some corn and sit back and enjoy this!

Mike, it actually looks like crap!:D :D :D

Hopefully, when I get finished, it will look OK!

Me too but I like the toffee popcorn and not the salty stuff :X

Great start to the session Bob

Susan did tell me its got a bit chilly down there so you were on the workbench :D

Yeah Andy, the weather even down here is reaching record lows. In the 30s and 40s though, not the minuses at home. Still, I'm getting in some modeling and the forecasters say back in the 60s by saturday! I heard today that we are going into a mini ice age that will give us these kind of winters for the next thirty years! Bring back the global warming!!!!:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :D :D

Bob

Good to see you're back at it, Bob
At the moment, I'm watchin' part six of "Pacific" before I begin to dig myself out of the house. You're right, it's worth purchasing. It's not quite as good as "Band of Brothers," but, I must say, the sex scenes were quite unexpected. No one told me about those.
Peace and Love,
Randy

Hey Randy,

By coincidence, I have been watching "The Pacific" yesterday and today.

Did you know that my buddy, Dave Harper, worked on that project while he worked at VLS and gave them a lot of references. He found them an LVT across the river in Illinois that they refurbished using Dave's instructions, they used some Warrior's LVT models and so on. He didn't get to see the series before he died. What a pity! He would have loved it!

Bob

We are all our own worst critics, aren't we brother? ;)

From where I am looking...what appears to be a hodge lodge of parts will out to be another sweet work...I have not been here long...but if this turns out anything like Simpatico (and I have no reason to believe it will not), then we are in for a treat.

Re: Logistics, The armor Update February 1st, 2011

Hey Bob,:Hiay
good to see you back on board with the big dio - I love Jumbos so this will be good. Were you torn between this one and a brand new Tasca? :eek:hyeah

Ian.

We are all our own worst critics, aren't we brother? ;)

From where I am looking...what appears to be a hodge lodge of parts will out to be another sweet work...I have not been here long...but if this turns out anything like Simpatico (and I have no reason to believe it will not), then we are in for a treat.

Mike, I have always been my own worst critic. I can't speak for all though. In all these years in modeling, I have met a few who think their initials are J.C., thankfully, they are few and far between. Anyway, thanks and I'm glad you have faith it will turn out well. I'll let you know for sure when it is finished!:idonno :idonno :idonno

Thanks again,

Bob

Cant wait too see more

Me either man!!!!:mpup I got a looooooooong way to go!:D :D

Bob

Hey Bob,:Hiay
good to see you back on board with the big dio - I love Jumbos so this will be good. Were you torn between this one and a brand new Tasca? :eek:hyeah

Ian.

Hey Ian,

Great to see you posting!

No, actually I sometimes get sentimental about models. That poor thing has followed me around for nearly 30 years. One of those, "Don't worry, I'll build and paint you soon" models. Usually, when I build, I want the latest and the most correct kit out there, and as I have built Tasca kits, I know it has to be really cool, but.... A promise is a promise, Right? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

What have you been working on?

Bob

Well Bob she may be old, but I would say you will get her up to speed. I to like to fix up the old ones.

Terry B)

Well Bob she may be old, but I would say you will get her up to speed. I to like to fix up the old ones.

Terry B)

When I was a teen, building model custom cars and hot rods, I used to do that. As my skills improved, I would look at some of my old ones and decide on some makeovers. Take them back to bare plastic and start over. Had many an enjoyable moment doing that!

Would I love to go back to those days and know everything I know now! Yeah, good luck on that!

Bob

Hi Bob,

is always a pleasure for me reading and watching your work.

I remember when I was a kid seeing your masterpieces and now that I actually know you, is a dream came true!

Thanks so much!

Giovanni

Back