• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ME410 All the Way

aaaaaaaaaah ... paint! wonderful! the camo looks great and the postshading is masterly!

too bad about the canopy but you'll overcome that problem!

Many thanks, builders of tanks!

Nothing makes you feel like you're making progress like adding the insignia and markings, right, Fritzi?

Me410_523.jpg

Me410_524.jpg

Me410_525.jpg

Me410_526.jpg

Me410_527.jpg

Me410_528.jpg

Me410_529.jpg

Me410_530.jpg

Me410_531.jpg

Me410_532.jpg

Me410_533.jpg

Me410_534.jpg

Me410_535.jpg

I may never decal an insignia again. Yeah those instructions look way cool, may be worth getting the stencils.
Thanks Chuck, made staying up late worth it agian :mpup

Looking awesome Chuck. I started using Montex masks a while back and paint is way way better than decals. I even went and bought a plotter, just have to get used to it and learn how to draw and I'll be set. Look forward to even more.
James

Fantastic work Fritzi and Hannah , it is really starting to look airworthy :)

I love the use of masks instead of decals too .

Jenny :kiss:

Hi Chuk.

It looks to me like it is a pretty complex problem (the internal canopy bracing). About the only thing I could think of would be to take the CMK canopy, spray some release agent inside, then use that as a mold to pour some resin into. Then take that resin mold and remove the offending bracing from the resin mold, and vacform a replacement from that. But then again I am only an average modeller. But your work always amazes me, and it is still looking real cool (y) .

Gary B)

I'm with Gary here, after getting over the giddiness of seeing such awesomeness, I must digress, or give my brain a rest, but... this is idea is best:

Use the CMK canopy, braced internally to ensure it does not collapse, before filling it in.

Regards,

Thanks guys! You mud-crawlers are so often really good at casting stuff- I need a resin that cures coolly enough to not deform the vac canopy master. Any suggestions? You'll seee that I've made a plaster cast to use as a soldering jig for the inner roll cage, but I still need to make a new master for the new canopy. Any help would be awesome!!

Well, I attended the wedding of dear friends this weekend, and still had time to do a bit on the 410. Let's start this post with an image appropriate to our American holiday:

Lest_We_Forget.jpg

Me410_544.jpg

Me410_545.jpg

Me410_546.jpg

Me410_547.jpg

Me410_548.jpg

Me410_549.jpg

Me410_550.jpg

Me410_551.jpg

Me410_552.jpg

Me410_553.jpg

I'm just not following the problem with the canopy, is there a remedial class somewhere??

Can you reduce the size of the casting, do it in sections?

Also be careful with that roll cage, the casting you made is the inside of the canopy, so if you make a cage that fits the outside of that casting, it's the same size as the canopy...or maybe i'm putting too much thought into it, been known to happen.

amazing! once again, just amazing!

i'm no help with the canopy problem! i wish i could be a help but if i start to speculate it won't be constructive! never did any casting! :(

if you carve into the plaster copy the jig will work as designed. If I got it right, the problem are the side frames which should have been inside the canopy. Then add the canopy (a new one without the incorrect external side frames) and new external frames? For the latter, I would use decal strips.

Amazing as usual,

Thanks, my friends! Saul's got it- I'll carve some grooves into the plaster plug to make my roll cage. That way it'll fit perfectly into the vac canopy. If I can't cast a decent resin plug I'll just hike 'em up and use the CMK canopy "as is". Time will tell!

Back