• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Gray Camouflage Update

Das Werk Panzerkleinzerstorer "Rutscher" ETO 1946

Thanks, guys! This vehicle is going to be part of another unit, story line to follow soon. B)

Sorry Dude I meant to post here a lot sooner....:(

This looks like a little gem of a kit and should build up rather quickly. Are you going to finish it in that dot scheme that on the box front...that would be kool B)

As a side note, is it correct that the weapon syster fired using a compressed gas as opposed to the conventional shell arrangement? Hence the double barrel.

:v

That's what I've read about the guns. Sorta like a double barreled shotgun, but would still be a handful with only a two man crew.

Paint scheme is still being considered, I've had some Uschi paint masks squirreled away for a long time. :hmmm

Eric, are you going to get a kit? If so, let's build them up. :ro: Anyone else is welcome too. :eek:hyeah

Additional info.

https://firearmcentral.fandom.com/wiki/Panzerkleinzerst%C3%B6rer

B)

:rotf :rotf :rotf oooooh that impossible to accomplish oob. Build .

The original sub compact.... looks interesting Mike :good:

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks, Chris! You know this is all your fault!

Voyager Models PE set arrived from China in a near record eight days, I'll post some photos this weekend. :frantic

:drinks

It's a very nice kit, had it in the stash for a while now, you got it as an extra when you bought for 100€ from the modelbaukoning, they had a coop with amuzing hobby, but now it's easier when you can buy it as a normal kit :) Paper panzer production had a limited run of metal barrels for this but they are all up.

Das Werk also have some other very nice kits, 3.5cm vierling and std anhanger 115 etc.

:popcorn

Wow!

Interesting subject!

This should be fun to follow!

Bob

Thanks, Mats and Bob! This is a pretty cool little kit, lots of possibilities. Thanks for checking in.

Thanks, Chris! You know this is all your fault!

Voyager Models PE set arrived from China in a near record eight days, I'll post some photos this weekend. :frantic

No problem Mike . I'm familiar with beatings :rotf
Cheers, C. B)

I found this concept picture. Looks like the drive train for the Rutscher.

h73bb77a.jpg

B)

Yes it does! That figure looks like a Munch character.

The vehicle or the figure? :rotf

The figure looks like a cardboard cut out.

B)

Lurch in basic training. B)

Those tracks are wild. Like longer, bitty Minenraumer feet! Don Barry as a young Wehrmacht crewman?
:rotf
:ro:

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I acquired a couple more of these kits and decided to build a second, just for the halibut. :woohoo:

I also bought a couple Voyager Model PE sets, some badly needed parts come with this set.

haaa9a9e.JPG

h8192911.JPG

hdfd58a5.JPG

The detailing of the engine deck and mesh is weak on the kit, so the grilles are a must have. There is also a mesh cover for the muffler, suitable for mashing up.

hf3688d7.JPG

hcccdae7.JPG

h698800f.JPG

OK, so the jury is still out on the PE fenders. The kit parts are nicely detailed, but if you want to damage them, PE helps. Bottom line, I spent a couple hours building and soldering one PE unit that winds up looking like a fender. :idonno

h74ed2f4.JPG

h8bee04a.JPG

h5289150.JPG

h05b2ecd.JPG

I discovered these parts are copper, with a thin layer of brass plating. Between the flux and heat, the brass disappears. :blink :hmmm

There's more fun to come, the second unit will be a close support vehicle for infantry. What could we do to it???Stay tuned and find out. Thanks for coming by!

Back