• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Rutscher" ETO 1946 Gray Camouflage Update

Das Werk Panzerkleinzerstorer "Rutscher" ETO 1946

ah Yes....Modelers Creep!! ...:woohoo: "where you start a build by saying "this will be OOtB" but then end up with every AM product for it"... :D...Case in point my Merkava Build :blink

Looks Awesome!!
:v

Thanks, Eric! It's turned into two kits, but who's counting? :mpup

Ok that soldering board with the pegs...I NEED to score one! Not for soldering cause I sux at that...but who knows. :hmmm

Very Kuhl! I admire you skill with photo-etch parts & soldering! A neat little model! :ro: (y) :drinks

Thanks, Eric! I sent you a link.

Rhino, that means a lot to me! I always appreciate your feed back and inspiration.

Thanks Terry! Fun with fire. B)

h4c33637.JPG

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I acquired a couple more of these kits and decided to build a second, just for the halibut. :woohoo:

I also bought a couple Voyager Model PE sets, some badly needed parts come with this set.

haaa9a9e.JPG

h8192911.JPG

hdfd58a5.JPG

The detailing of the engine deck and mesh is weak on the kit, so the grilles are a must have. There is also a mesh cover for the muffler, suitable for mashing up.

hf3688d7.JPG

hcccdae7.JPG

h698800f.JPG

OK, so the jury is still out on the PE fenders. The kit parts are nicely detailed, but if you want to damage them, PE helps. Bottom line, I spent a couple hours building and soldering one PE unit that winds up looking like a fender. :idonno

h74ed2f4.JPG

h8bee04a.JPG

h5289150.JPG

h05b2ecd.JPG

I discovered these parts are copper, with a thin layer of brass plating. Between the flux and heat, the brass disappears. :blink :hmmm

There's more fun to come, the second unit will be a close support vehicle for infantry. What could we do to it???Stay tuned and find out. Thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. oh yeah, out spending money. :bang head

Really nice job Mike. I need to get one of those soldering jigs, looks like it's handy.

Thanks, guys. The ceramic honeycomb soldering jig is pretty handy, comes in several sizes, can be used to glue up parts with liquid cement and is very affordable. Got mine off ebay. Of course, you don't want to drop it.

Thanks, guys. The ceramic honeycomb soldering jig is pretty handy, comes in several sizes, can be used to glue up parts with liquid cement and is very affordable. Got mine off ebay. Of course, you don't want to drop it.

how secure are the pins? I have a heat resistant soldering board that I can push pins into, but the thing is starting to look like swiss cheese and the pins don't hold as well as they used to!

The pins are tapered, so they give a positive downward pressure if you're between holes. I also bought a set of ceramic pins, but they don't fit this board. :blink
The pins don't damage the board, so you could use them indefinitely.
:dude

I have seen the ceramic board used by jewelers. The only thing you need to be careful of when using the pins is jamming them into a hole. Tapered pin pressed into a ceramic hole can cause it to chip out. Other than that looks great Mike!

Excellent advice, as always, Paul! :salute
Let's all take care when jamming things into holes then, shall we!?!
:rotf :yipee :woohoo:

No pin jamming required here. The holes are much larger than the thin end of the tapered pin, so they will fall right where you want them.

h85a6890.JPG

hefa8300.JPG

Fender number two went much smoother, doesn't it always?

ha7602c1.JPG

Here's a mock up, nothing glued in place yet. I've got two guns, one for each of you.

h633cd12.JPG

h1b024b3.JPG

hba1b600.JPG

hb9094ca.JPG

Rutscher II is for close infantry support, so I added armored shields for the intakes and a set of schurzen leftover from a Tamiya Hetzer. The brackets are scratch built from styrene, bolt heads were punched from sheet goods.

hef49cec.JPG

h5951a84.JPG

Much more to come, thanks for dropping by. :drinks

Back