• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

Continuing work on the boat, it’s hard to work with a cast on your arm that almost keeps me from using my left arm, so I do what I can for now. I began with the 3.7cm gun. First the details to be replaced by the Eduard ph are removed
This detail is to be removed
NL2M8kY.jpg

7cZSIng.jpg

It looks like this after removing it
VNXOurH.jpg

NMKG0cx.jpg

3t9ZwVL.jpg

As the ph parts are cleaned and bend to shape I moved to do part of the pedestal...
BdmSL4a.jpg

Well that’s for now, hope I can do more soon

Thanks
Abdin

Did you get the guns? If not, I could have swam to PR in that time...

sure you could... sure

Regards,

:laugh: :gogo Saul, Hi! yes I received the guns a couple of days ago, thanks a lot my friend and sorry for the delay letting you know. this are nicely detailed and will add the eduard PE to it as well. I havent work much on the kit as Im waiting for the cast on my arm to be removed on tuesday so can work with my two hands as it is dificult to work with the PE parts with one hand.

thanks again (y) :D

Abdin

Hi my friends, I’m back in business as the cast in my left arm is finally gone. Now I can move on with the build. In the last couple of week I received the rest of detail parts for the boat, deep charges, rivets from archer, guns from master, MGs 15 from CMK and 20mm and 3.7 mm shells
From RB

Guns and machine guns + ammo
2FwkHpW.jpg

The machine guns MG15 for the bridge sides
yzHkln9.jpg

And the flak guns
p8puEbj.jpg

Interesting resin rivets from archer in decal paper. Trim to size and apply like decals…
1EaUsPk.jpg

And the resin depth charges set from Cammett
ahjIacH.jpg

RrRjCHS.jpg

Continuing with the twin 20 mm guns, I assembled the barrels, excellent detail on it
4KIEZ1A.jpg

iTFwHLl.jpg

And installed it
PAbGYRH.jpg

I constructed the firing handle with bits from the parts box and styrene
fvXk0Ke.jpg

Glued it in place, then I found looking at pictures of the gun that the harness is upside down, so I removed it, you need to cut and sand the connecting plastic and glue a piece of styrene rod on the opposite side. So now the longest part is on top
GRFfequ.jpg

2819hyr.jpg

ifSCcPq.jpg

Should look like this
eSEHsdL.jpg

The twin gun is finished, the firing handle was removed and left aside till is time to fit the figure to the gun so I can position it in the hand of the figure, here is the gun finished
gVaRqUa.jpg

Ps0sVyT.jpg

TJt5dCJ.jpg

TlUs1Uq.jpg

Some additional details on the side of the gun using spare PH parts and styrene, also the support for the sight shield was redone with a longer piece of PH carrier as it was too close to the sight
And also needed a couple of degrees of inclination
xEAsd5p.jpg

8nnV0LF.jpg

Now I’m moving to finish working on the 3.7 gun, so more coming soon
Thanks!
Abdin

thanks Saul! Im using the guns you send me for the foward of the boat since I already have glued the PH parts to the italeri ones. the detail is good on the ones you send me so soon I will be working on it

Abdin

This build is just too cool Abdin !!!

Watching you build this is an excellent how to for when I get around to building mine .

Always watching with great interest , ........ and a note pad !!!

One question , does Cammets make a long and a short mine arrangement ? ....... and if so does the long one mean you'll sacrifice the aft weaponry ?

Ok , question two , ......... sorry , ......... :laugh: , ........ how are you going to render the canvass side rails ?

Hi Cheyenne :Hiay

I have only seen the short rails w/charges from cammett, they have the mines and those are great also. the mines are to be used with the long PH rails from the kit. about the canvas Cammett also has the canvas, it appears to be in PH.but Im not going to use the canvas on mine, I like it more with the open look of just the railings...

Abdin :D

Hi to all Again!
Work continues with the 3.7 flak, after removing all the molded details this are replaced with Eduard’s PH parts giving it a nice detail change..
With the details removed
xNdjSyV.jpg

3Yu43bK.jpg

And with the new PH details
Si9cRIE.jpg

XD4BwST.jpg

Next the Master barrel, Excellent!
75SVj2i.jpg

vVVx3Md.jpg

Then I moved to the shield assembly, after bending and soldering it in the corners, it was glued to the base
I0grsa1.jpg

I0grsa1.jpg

yDLPMM7.jpg

The PH shield hinges with styrene rod pins
FySCzT6.jpg

I removed the shield locks from the original shield to be used in the PH one as the ones included it the Eduard set are flat, in this case the originals are better…
Using a chisel blade to carefully remove the details
lYRlbUG.jpg

Here the hinges and locks are glued in place
uCFfBdB.jpg

And the interior locks
lJ6XHwx.jpg

A few missing detail added from the part box, the PH pedal is glued in place and a wire rod
Added to the mechanism
FO4QNcn.jpg

Finally the rest of details like seats, hand wheels etc are installed, here the finished gun in detail
5FhQind.jpg

bOPT8sy.jpg

YFbBYEd.jpg

2v22OS3.jpg

l5cBMrn.jpg

kp4kD6h.jpg

F1RBxBd.jpg

6KMkhuz.jpg

Now I’m starting to work on the final gun the one on the front, and this one requires a major rework
With many mistakes done by italeri that need to be corrected

Thanks for looking!

Abdin

Abdin,

Wow! not only some great work, but also a very interesting build as well!

I'm really enjoying watching it!

Bob

Back