• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

thanks Rob ;) Im working in the front gun and are about to post some progress photos, the front gun is the most reworked of it and to make it more difficult Im making the linkage of the gun sight workable. more comming soon B)

Abdin :D

ooooh that sounds like lots of fun. I've done crazy things like that in the past, makes for fun building. Looking forward to seeing those pics. (y)

Rob

BIG PROJECT!

thumbs.jpg

Hello my friends , I’m back in business with the sboat construction. I took about a month and a half free from working on it, that’s why it’s being so long since my last post. IM finishing working on the front gun and gun pit and this is the most reworked part so far in this build, italeri simplified the gun frame and the gun pit needed to be bigger for the figure to fit in. so here we go..

First the deck hole has to be enlarged to 37.5mm
0W02ZrB.jpg

Using the dremmel I enlarged the hole
NkVv7sp.jpg

After sanding the new hole smooth I made the new horizontal ring, it measures 37.5mm interior by 42.5mm exterior
3DAs9LQ.jpg

It looks like this with the horizontal ring glued in place…
WNers4W.jpg

Now the vertical ring is made using a strip of .10 styrene that measured 5.5mm width by 115mm long
yN9ZcDk.jpg

Here it is in place
JKPL3po.jpg

Finally the interior horizontal ring is made, again with .10 styrene and measuring 33.5mm interior by
38.5 exterior.
Here the interior ring is dry fitted to check the fit, it still needs to be sanded on the interior to the pencil mark.
iyOc4af.jpg

Now I moved to the reconstruction of the gun cage, here I assembled it dry so you can have an idea how it looks like as it comes in the kit
Ud2Ijh4.jpg

dFoclJJ.jpg

I started by cutting this part off so I can redo it with styrene so I don’t have to putty and sand the original, It is easier to make a new one
P19vAFH.jpg

After removing the part sand smooth the sides and install the new one
MVmV2oH.jpg

4m99u5G.jpg

At this point I decided I wanted the linkage system to be workable like in the real gun so started to make my own parts. It started by removing a section of the original cage needed to do the center link
em5pzlK.jpg

The part I need is the center ring, here I cut it apart from the linkage
fQmwQCm.jpg

After sanding it down on the outside it looks like this,the shaft is 3mm long
6ZwbU1t.jpg

Here you can see the removed modified part and the original part from where it was removed
LxTdocR.jpg

A piece of styrene rod the same width of the part hole is cut
9ayPsfE.jpg

With the punch I did a disk the next width size of the styrene rod
8d3xew7.jpg

The disk is glued to the rod and the rod is placed in the link
s3rgCoY.jpg

dOBnR20.jpg

7wCO50I.jpg

The link is then glued to the outside of the cage and the link is movable
PruhAEb.jpg

QBQ2KAA.jpg

SS9W4PH.jpg

I’m working on the rest of the links and working on the photos so more coming soon
Thanks for watching!

Abdin

¡Fabuloso! Era tiempo que regreses.

Fabulous! It was time you returned.

Saludos/Regards,

Brilliant Abdin !!!
I'm following with interest and dedication , I've been waiting for your update , ......... very cool craftsmanship !!!

Teach me more , to me this is valuable info for when I tackle mine !!!

53chevy, James, Saul and Cheyenne thanks for the comments :D

Saul, after thinking about it for a wile, I decided to go with the kits guns and save the ones you send me for a mobelwagen flak panzer restoration proyect I will be doing soon.gracias mi amigo

Hi! Continuing with the work on the gun, here the molded in aiming mechanism is to be replaced with the one form the Eduard set

The original mechanism
81gJsdK.jpg

After removing it
tuKJiDt.jpg

The Eduard one glued in place, nice improvement in detail
mZlyMiP.jpg

Now the next part needed is the upper frame in the form of U, made with styrene rods, the two long parts are .040” x 10mm rod and the cross one is .060” x 7 mm
5DnLQxi.jpg

Now the two small ends are drilled so I can insert a small piece of wire to serve as reinforcement
So it won’t break easy when I’m working on it
xS2DztL.jpg

Also drilled the ends of the cross piece, this has to go from one side to the other so a long wire can pass all the way thru it
DgrPABR.jpg

tR4tt3Y.jpg

The wires already glued in place
lv5Nh86.jpg

Drilled a couple of holes to the main frame newly replaced part to accept the U frame
S5qU3rB.jpg

Here I installed the U frame
M77qeNY.jpg

T98dp90.jpg

Now some work on the gun itself, first I removed the stock barrel to be replaced with the brass one
From the Master set
uoFJ9TT.jpg

The hole for the new barrel is drilled
PinNCnK.jpg

Next all the surface details are removed to make room for the Eduard details
fFcPBDj.jpg

IxUkcZk.jpg

This is how it looks after installing the Eduard set details, nice…
uV7ei62.jpg

FATe4zS.jpg

At this point I glued the gun bead to the gun and add the base for the front link
smSjwgn.jpg

The gun bead installed on the main cage and the base for the link
2aVmPsO.jpg

c2TDAcI.jpg

The link system and the photos are almost complete, so more coming soon

Thanks!

Abdin

Saul, after thinking about it for a wile, I decided to go with the kits guns and save the ones you send me for a mobelwagen flak panzer restoration proyect I will be doing soon.gracias mi amigo

I did tell you that I have a second one which I will gladly send...

Regards,

HI! More updates on the front gun…
The remaining links are constructed

Front link, it measures 12.5mm long x .040”
iX8te4T.jpg

With a .040” disk and a piece of wire I made a pin to connect the front link to the gun bead, here the front link is installed in place
GKceytC.jpg

LVUPjBD.jpg

VvriEBH.jpg

UDWFAjm.jpg

Next the center link is constructed, it measures 12.8mm long x .040”
aZ78UAj.jpg

I forgot to add the two adjusting nuts so I had to cut it in 3 parts to add the verlinden resin nuts
titXKx0.jpg

Now it looks like this
fZBXTCO.jpg

The rear link is now constructed, I used a piece of PH left over to make the upper part, the metal part measures 4.4mm long each side x 1.8mm wide. The styrene rod measures 2.5mm long x .040. I placed a piece of wire in the center of the metal part so it has a strong bond with the styrene rod
dw4Ybwv.jpg

hPE9vtN.jpg

Here the rear link is in place and is then connected to the center one, it all is workable now
Kajetyy.jpg

MZEIxea.jpg

h1tPf5j.jpg

8390jJW.jpg

Now I moved to the sight base, a piece of rod 9.5mm long x .060 is used and bent to shape
PVoT9j0.jpg

lKarkbP.jpg

0XXuu3x.jpg

cZ4cMGU.jpg

Here it is in its place, now only the sight base reinforcement and the gun sight mount remain to finish the gun
kk8D7Mn.jpg

WV5l4lb.jpg

ayPFTQJ.jpg

PFrL93d.jpg

The barrel is dry fitted for test, it moves like the real one…..yes!
t1bHjaB.jpg

Cu8J2Ut.jpg

Almost finished the gun, the last parts are being assembled, more soon..

Thanks again!
Abdin

Back