• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Complete!

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 (V) Lang Base Color

h0a8056d_2019-12-23.jpg

Thanks guys! Somehow, I don't think melting could be considered battle damage. It seems my modeling time has been at a premium of late, so I did get a chance to lay down the camo colors last Sunday. AK Interactive Real Colors really lay down some tight lines, mixed at about 40/60 with Gunze self leveling thinner.

h38748cc.jpeg

hcbfc416.jpeg

This morning, I got up and started adding the light and shadow disc camouflage using Real Colors Dunkelgelb that was the base coat and Uschi Van der Rosten's stencil mask. The masks are self adhesive enough to hold while you paint, I mask around the stencil to prevent over spray. After a bit, here's the result.

h108b27c.JPG

h5ef9d9d.JPG

hb6fd625.JPG

hebcef43.JPG

h65ea6ee.JPG

There's quite a few more small parts and tools to add yet, I left them off to make the stencils fit better. More to come tomorrow, thanks for coming by!

:drinks

I like the looks of that Mike . The AK appears to lend itself it to make easy work of some shadow effect (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Light And Shadow Camo

Sharp Camo! (y)
I really dig the look of the disc pattern and you applied it expertly
:v

Thanks, guys!

Now it's all about painting the accessories, should have another update later today. B)

Oh wow that is cool. All those little circles would drive me nuts.

(y)

Thanks Terry! This is beyond easy, it's a stencil and you just shoot the base color over it. Instant circles!

Ok whatever you say. :gogo

...and I was missing this, Mike :facepalm

Brilliant job, as always :good:

Luiz

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Dot Filter

Glad to be back at the bench! Thanks, Dr. John, I appreciate you checking in, sorry I missed your reply. :blush:

So I got markings applied yesterday morning and then more satin clear to seal them in preparation for dot filters.

hf45fc19.JPG

h9e43f69.JPG

hed67906.JPG

Using the same colors I used on the lower hull, I worked a section at a time, applying small dots and then blending with thinner. I made streaks on the vertical areas and used the dab and wipe technique on the horizontals to make them look dusty and unifying the camo colors.

h3f31fb9.JPG

h9aa2133.JPG

Blending the oils starts out with an OH SH!T! moment, but keep blending. :laugh: B)

h7188fbd.JPG

ha12b7a5.JPG

hc448dac.JPG

You can see the paper towel I used to clean the brush as I went, a piece of cardboard under the towel helps keep oils off your bench. I prefer to do this filter method in stages, allowing each layer to dry, adding more effect with each pass. It's easy to over do it, so sneak up on the final result.

More to come, thanks for coming by!

:drinks

Tamiya Jagdpanzer IV/70 Dot Filter

That is Looking Great Mike!!!
Them oils will definitely pull all the colors together. :popcorn
:v

Back