• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry-- Jeeves-- Tamiya VW Staff Car

It's a zombie killing machine. It doesn't need a dash lol. Just have some random wires hanging down. I love the rusty paint job and the drive really looks the part.

Thanks Mark and Erik!

Well-- tried setting the base up tonight...need to gouge some tracks into the plaster and sand it down some...
100_7368.jpg

Thanks Bob!

It's actually going to be dirt and grass... I haven't done anything to the base other than add the Sculptamold...

Or the addition of a bad S Mothaf.... holding a chainsaw.[just my broad imagination]

Like what you doing here,Mike!

Greetings,Ron.

That idea of yours was a great one Jeeves. And the execution is terrific!
Are you going to put some zombies in the base too?

Thanks everyone...I might add a zombie-- not sure what I have on hand in 1/48 to create one...most of what I have is WWII soldiers...I'll have to ponder on this for a bit...

As I wait for paints on the other two builds, here is more work done on the base of the VW...
018%7E0.jpg

019.jpg

020%7E0.jpg

021%7E0.jpg

Wondering if I still need to work on getting the VW more set in to the base...and still have the signage to work on...nothing in my figure stash even resembles a zombie-- so I am not sure on that end...

Mike one thing I would do is get the mud slung a little more around. like you got a massive splatter on the trunk lid but none on the bumper or fenders. Also try some other colors of mud to show some wet and some dry, like you got on the road.

:popcorn

Thanks Bob...

Yeah...that fender is actually supposed to be rust...but I can see where it can easily be confused with mud...I'll fling some mud after the Future cures a bit...thanks!

As I wait for paints on the other two builds, here is more work done on the base of the VW...
018%7E0.jpg

019.jpg

020%7E0.jpg

021%7E0.jpg

Wondering if I still need to work on getting the VW more set in to the base...and still have the signage to work on...nothing in my figure stash even resembles a zombie-- so I am not sure on that end...

hmm... I haven't played much with rusting somthing up. I see it on the roof but I think what threw me was there seems to be some bulk build up, or at least it looks like it. Maybe some more oxide tones?

Yeah-- I see your point...added some Mig pigments with their resin medium...and a little wet effects....
001%7E30.jpg

003%7E31.jpg

004%7E27.jpg

005%7E29.jpg

Back