• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ACROSS THE FINISH LINE"

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"THEM'S DA BRAKES"

Thanks I hope look a little like the real thing.

Terry B)

It looks a lot like the real deal...

Oh, and don't blame me... I caught YOU on another site! ;)
:silly:

Regards,

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I guess I'd better get my wanted poster back out.

Terry B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"UPDATE JAN 14"

8-RAD rumble is moving on. The brake lines are done and moving on to more suspension parts. Added suspension brackets and added weld beads. I also started adding the steering rods and stuff. Here are some pictures to update the progress.

Terry B)

DSC04843.JPG

DSC04844.JPG

DSC04845.JPG

DSC04846.JPG

DSC04847.JPG

DSC04848.JPG

DSC04849.JPG

DSC04851.JPG

DSC04852.JPG

DSC04853.JPG

DSC04854.JPG

DSC04856.JPG

B)

that's great looking terry!

are the wheel bases still moveable? the inner four ones shouldn't be that much angled as the frontal ones!

Thanks Laura, I'll try.

Terry B)

Awesome work Terry. (y) (y) When I did mine I found the tie rods didnt lineup properly. Look forward to seeing how yours come out. Those break lines are the bomb. Wonder If I'm too far to try that..naw all 10 thumbs are too big to attempt.
James

Awesome work Terry. (y) (y) When I did mine I found the tie rods didnt lineup properly. Look forward to seeing how yours come out. Those break lines are the bomb. Wonder If I'm too far to try that..naw all 10 thumbs are too big to attempt.
James

Thanks James!! I think it would really hard with the body and wheels attached. Was pretty hard without them.

Terry B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"INTERIOR DECORATING"

I skipped a few steps and finished the suspension. With that done I went back and went to work on the lower hull interior. The kit interior is pretty complete, however not much of it will be visible when the model is complete. You know me I can't pass up on a good interior.

Here are some views of the completed, but unpainted interior.

DSC04862.JPG

DSC04863.JPG

DSC04864.JPG

DSC04865.JPG

Painting step one was to put on a coat Tamiya Deck Tan which is off white color.

DSC04867.JPG

DSC04868.JPG

Next I did some pre-shading and applied Tamiya Dark Yellow to the raised surfaces.

DSC04869.JPG

DSC04870.JPG

Oh yeah I forgot :blush: I painted the seats and steering wheels.

It's kinda hard to see, but in this step I added a burnt seinna oil pin wash to seams and recessed areas.

DSC04871.JPG

DSC04872.JPG

In this step I did some three color streaking with oil paint and added a pin wash with oil lamp black.

DSC04873.JPG

DSC04874.JPG

The last step at least for last night was to add chipped and worn paint. I started by appling red primer with a sponge and then going back and adding touches of Tamiya Nato Black.

DSC04875.JPG

DSC04876.JPG

I will put this part aside for a while and comeback and look at it again to see if things need to be added or toned down, but this is where I'm at. Comments, suggestions, and questions are always welcome

Terry B)

Thanks Gene!! I think the camera is telling me more work is needed.

Terry :unsure:

Looking really good Terry. What kind of sponge are you using for the rust spots?

Joe

Nice work Terry, I kept seeing these in the gallery but never had time to get back here and comment. (y):

Nice work Terry, I kept seeing these in the gallery but never had time to get back here and comment. (y):

Thanks Pup!! It's not like you don't have things to do. :silly:

Terry B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"CLOSING UP"

Well the interior is done and I have closed up the hull halves. Ready to move the outside. Here are some pictures of the interior before closing up.

Terry B)

DSC04931.JPG

DSC04933.JPG

DSC04934.JPG

DSC04935.JPG

DSC04936.JPG

DSC04937.JPG

DSC04938.JPG

B)

Back