• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"ACROSS THE FINISH LINE"

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"CLOSING UP"

Thanks Saul, but I thought I was going slow.

Terry B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"PAINT JOB"

Did some work this weekend. Added front bumper, headlight, horn, and the wiring for both. Then moved on to the spare tire mount. The main thing is that I started the painting process. I started by painting the the whole thing red brown lightened with a couple drops of dark yellow. Then I panel shaded with lighter and lighter shades of dark yellow. I did some pin washes with red brown. There will be more painting to come, but I thought it wise do some now. Here are some pictures of the paint work. Stay tuned more pic's on the way.

Terry B)

DSC04939.JPG

DSC04940.JPG

DSC04941.JPG

B)

Thanks Joe!! It's a start anyway.

Terry B)

TERRY,

OMG ! WTF ! Where have I been, I've totally missed this build ! :evil:

Great Job on th Suspension/brakes !! The Interior looks Great ! I never thought of using th Tamiya deck Tan as th Elfinbein color. (y) I always mixed Tamiya Buff & a lil' white ...(chuckles) IT looks like th same color !

Th exterior looks spot-on. Love th panel fade. Interesting about th Red Brown ( pre-shade ?) The panel fades look great ! ..... That's something I've never quite latched onto. But I love th way it looks !! It seems I do it th hard way & go back & drybrush the panels out with th base color .
Will this :mpup see any camo ?

ERIK

sweet work terry! that will be a kickass achtrad when done (it is already kickass!)

Thanks Erik!!! Don't worry about missing things there is a lot going down on this site. As far as painting goes I do a little bit of everything. I try to use whatever trick I can. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. What I do what you do if it works go with it.

Terry B)

sweet work terry! that will be a kickass achtrad when done (it is already kickass!)

Thanks Laura!!!! I can't deside on the camo??? Mottled olive green maybe. :hmmm Working on the mufflers(burnt rusty) some pictures later.

Terry B)

Very very cool Terry. Love it. As for camouflage, well some neat flames down the side, maybe a road runner and coyote. Of course if you wanna be like all the others go with some cool green mottling. :D :D
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

Very very cool Terry. Love it. As for camouflage, well some neat flames down the side, maybe a road runner and coyote. Of course if you wanna be like all the others go with some cool green mottling. :D :D
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

James

James I think a gloss black with blue flames. :laugh:

Terry :laugh:

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"MUFFLER BURN"

Whew!!! Two updates in one day. I started work on the mufflers which needed some work to give them the proper look. I started by putting the muffler together. After assembly I added a couple of welds to the muffler. Then I painted the muffler and exhaust red brown and added three different rust colored pastel powders to simulate a burnt and rusty surface. I them dry brushed with gun metal. Here are some pictures of one of the mufflers attached to 8-RAD. Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome.

Terry B)

DSC04945.JPG

DSC04946.JPG

DSC04947.JPG

DSC04948.JPG

DSC04949.JPG

DSC04950.JPG

DSC04951.JPG

DSC04952.JPG

DSC04953.JPG

B)

Re: TERRY'S 234/1 8-RAD"MUFFLER BURN"

Absolutely awesome Terry. Will have to give that a try. Very cool indeed. :notworthy (y) (y) (y)
James

Back