• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 HMJS Marley Jamaican Navy Submarine

That's brilliant and hilarious at the same time! Beautiful job man! Maybe on the stand, you can use roach clips instead of joints mon!

During the Late 1990's a fierce pride in their Jamaican Homeland, allegiance to the Crown and a huge rise in Rastafarian practices prompted the Governor of Jamaica to form a patrol squadron of Jamaican Defense vessels. Mission is to reinforce Jamaican sovereignty, a search & rescue capability and insure the flow of domestic products from "Mudda Eyelan'" be regulated and proper tariffs levied and collected.

Queen Elizabeth and Prime Minister Tony Blair confer with the Admiralty about how best to equip her usually most serene Subjects. Unwilling to part with one Her nuclear Trafalgar class SSN's, a mutually beneficial trade agreement was struck with the Emperor of Japan and the Governor of Jamaica to secure a Yushio class diesel-electric boat.
With Japan's long history of defending herself, JMSDF officers and ratings travel to the new Jamaican Defence center at Montego Bay to equip & train the Native crew, engineers and Port Safety personnel. Many Japanese advisers choose to extend their tours on de Mudda Eyelan'.
Domestic Jamaican agricultural products and fluid refreshment flowed, unrestricted, into UK and Yamato, much to the delight of both Nation's populace.

At a time unknown to the rest of the world, HMJS Marley, SS420 emerged from Her floating drydock amid a tide of empty rum bottles, uproarious laughter and huge cloud of unusual (!?!) smoke, adorned with less-than-subtle new finish.

Marley skipper Cudjo was quoted as saying "Do a Jamaican Offisuh hide from Hees anemones, Mon? No Brudda."

h08f4a97.JPG

hf84571f.JPG

THIS happened here Friday night. You know what THAT means! :yipee

h6c7f55e.JPG

As a concession to actual modern submarines, a non-skid main deck had to applied.

h93b844b.JPG

Decals will be applied one at a time, carefully from an old railroad sheet. :unsure:
I hope they still work!

h39763e4.JPG

h88545ab.JPG

Just the deck, where the crew would be about the Boat. I was tempted to take the gray to the waterline, but I wanted HMJS Marley to be as "Clownie" as possible.

h3fb691d.JPG

Decals going on, but CAREFULLY! The eyeballs are from Archer.

h1f64cc4.JPG

ha21bd77.JPG

I had a choice between drawing on a silly looking fish mouth or finding a decal to fit Marley.
She IS an Attack Boat after all!

Stay tuned! More to come!

Definitely a unique and Very cool project Chris (y) (y) (y)

Hope that reading this thread does not give me another speech impediment :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Great work young man.
The story is also interesting.
The Chris man is back.
Frank
:drinks :drinks

Back