• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 HMJS Marley Jamaican Navy Submarine

After the rousing success of the HMJS Marley, SS-420 submarine exchange program in 2019, Jamaican Customs and Self Defense Force commanders are negotiating with Japanese Naval officials for a second Yushio class SSK to interdict speedy interlopers in their territorial waters. Sources confirm former Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe was facilitating transfer of the next Jamaican Boat. Before his assassination earlier this year, Abe planned to personally oversee the training/camouflage program of the next Yushio submarine at Jamaica Defense Force base Montego Bay. Plans go forward in Abe's absence. In the 3 years since the first Yushio submarine transfer, Jamaican and Japanese service members and citizens made solid bonds working side by side, between these two very different cultures. (That's a story for another day, Mon!)

HMJS Marley's C/O, Captain Cudjo stated: "Yah mon, dis bod feesh. We gonna fine it, an inspect, you know. Mebbe we be collectin' de propah dooties for dem comin' eento my home wootahs. Mebbe sometime dis jus' sink. Can't say how dat come to be, you know. Dis Nu Jamaica boot, SS-619, gettin' name fo' lil' bruddah Shinzo-san. Yah MON!"
20221002_120156.jpg
It's another Day! Which is the same thing as admitting I finally found the waterline half of my ARII 1/700 JMSDF Yushio class submarine kit.
JSDF SS-619 the Abe project is afoot!
Rather than entering drydock and getting a colorful paint scheme under the influence of native agricultural products and beverages, a festive traditional Japanese paint scheme is actually planned!
JMDF SS-619 Abe.jpg
I don't want your to think there won't be quite a lot of merry-making and laughter in the Montego Bay JSDF floating drydock while applying Abe-san's paint job. It just isn't a secret or a surprise like Marley's paint job was. Jamaicans are serious about paying homage to Shinzo Abe.
Here I go again!

:yipee:
:lol:
:yipee:
:lol:
:stinker:

20221012_195531.jpg
I saw a picture. A Yushio class SSK returning to port. Japanese sailors were standing on the diving planes on the sail.
There's a leedle-beety hatch on both sides of the sail just above the diving planes the sailors open to gain access to them.
The windows for the sail conning station are also absent on the vintage 1/700 ARII boat. Filling a sink hole in the sail made the black spot.
Why can I never leave anything alone? :silly:

How_Submarines_work.jpg
A reminder of how nuclear submarines REALLY work.
20221024_165646.jpg20221024_192745.jpg20221024_200053.jpg
SSK-619 Abe as she progresses...................
20221024_234425.jpg
I lost the vertical rudder. Perhaps it will "surface"? Making a new one should not be a big deal.
It was lots of fun to make this Boat! Decals, other details and Flat to come!
We tankin' U Brudda, for dis in-looking at Leas' one mo' time U know. JaMon!

20221105_150033.jpg
In truth the decals are done. Finding the missing rudder and adding the schnokel will finish Abe off.
Why she needed her name on the hull, I cain't explain. No other boat has her paint scheme. :yipee:

Back