• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale 110-foot Commercial Freezer Trawler

h779c7b9.JPG

Revised Bridge & deckhouse. I couldn't leave the gloppy way the bridge winders cast alone. I added a tripod for the radar, a mount for the searchlight, a hole for the radio whip antenna new bridge windows and life rings.

She will join my 1/700 Smugglers & Rum Runners set as a Longline Trawler and mother ship.

The 1/700 life rings are from Gold Medal Models. Loren Perry made good stuff for many Moons. I like His P-E best! Eduard is pretty good, however, as an American (Tee-Hee) manufacturer, I like to spend my $$ inside My Country's borders.
:eek:ldguy
:salute

h779c7b9_2019-03-14.JPG

The Mold copied the P/E winders & life rings nicely! The radar tripod & spotlight pedestal as well.
I'm a very happy Rhino!

hf38ee4f.JPG

The Mold copied the P/E winders & life rings nicely! The radar tripod & spotlight pedestal as well.
I'm a very happy Rhino!

h6bd58b5.JPG

I find I use tiny amounts of C/A glue on my dinky projects. I also drink little jugs of water along the way.
I like to use the caps to hold my glue. I got tired of having them slide away, spill, or wasting material.
I made one of these.

h95a3ddc.JPG

It does THIS!
Minimizes waste! The most expensive material any small business pays for is waste.

hbb19af9.JPG

A little paint on winches & barrels, start on masts & booms. Now is the time I wish I had an induction soldering rig.
In 1/700 scale almost every part is WAY overscale, even with .008 copper wire.
Thanks guys!

hbb19af9_2019-03-19.JPG

Starting to work on mast & stays. I thought I had better do a little paint on deck fittings before I got carried away (Again!)

h3be0221.JPG

Deck house & Bridge 2.0. Aahhh! Better! The holes for engine & generator are drilled too far forward. :facepalm
Bridge winders & ports. Tamiya smoke over silver.

Back