• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 scale 110-foot Commercial Freezer Trawler

The camera's eye hides NOTHING! Even .008 copper wire is WAY too heavy for a hard corner bend in this scale.
If only I could make photo-etch. :hmmm

h8c922c2.JPG

h06979c2.JPG

Some more work on the mast with teeny bits of stretched sprue. I did the tie-off racks near the winches and put the exhausts in the existing holes.
2 more stays run to the deck house. All of this will look more square when the deck house is attached permanently.
Or it won't.

h33867e5.JPG

Today's Rocks & Reefs casting.

Thanks for looking in.

h4bc0537.JPG

Aye. 'Tis Banshee Island. Only the boldest of Mariners ventures close by. Local folk say it is haunted by the souls of burnt witches, if you believe in such things.

All that without one drop of Rum, eh!

hc238b2d.JPG

SOooo! with a wee bit-o-Rum, this happened!

I know my little bitty 1/700 scale silliness is NOT of interest to every Man.
I care not! I may lose my addled mind if a job opportunity doesn't present itself soon!!

Meanwhile, Back at the soggy Prairie......................

hb021499.JPG

Trawl boom rigging with deck house, exhausts and decals.
Bear in mind that these parts are WAY over scale for 1/700. I'm hunting for material to use for hanging nets.
No Wimmen-people I know wear nylon stockings anymore.

Tea bags. :hmmm
Brilliant!! Could prove a good material for sails for my wind powered boats too! :facepalm
CSS Florida is in the works....................

hc63e12d.JPG

h19a490c.JPG

hbb74bc0.JPG

Progress so far on the Bitchin' Witch freezer trawler. Tea bag nets hung from the trawl boom, Booms with tiny Birds on the ends. a little paint, a few whip antennas and She'll be ready to debut!

Back