• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber Hobby Panther F

Well, it's time for an update. Thanks again to all who took time to look and comment, I certainly appreciate it! As promised, the double secret part of this weapon, LACHGAS!
The German tank command had been using stadtgas as fuel for training vehicles, reserving precious gasoline for the front lines. Borrowing some of the equipment, Herr Rommel had his command vehicle outfitted with the latest discovery for boosting horsepower and giddyup. The tanks are filled with lachgas or nitrous oxide in English (and you thought the Fast and Furious crew thought this up), making this Panther have some serious jump! Here's how it was done.

Starting with the Voyager Model set PE35936, I used the tanks and regulators. The brass racks looked awesome initially, but the T clasps were too short to fold the sides around. This caused a production delay while I scratched my head and finally a new set of racks was made from sheet styrene and brass wire.

hbad3f37.JPG

The Voyager set came with fuel blocks, but I decided to make my own plumbing. The T block is square Evergreen stock, the fitting were made from Meng resin bolt heads that were center punched and drilled out. I love those things!

ha3ee3e5.JPG

h2075e5d.JPG

The fuel lines were made from .020 lead wire, sourced from a fly fishing shop.

The canisters were painted with Tamiya Sky and the labels were painted with Tamiya NATO Black, using stencils from Matho Models and Eduard. Intimidating, huh?

hfa9cdb1.JPG

h3227dac.JPG

The T's were located first, then the tanks were glued into the racks. The straps are lead foil, painted with Tamiya Dark Iron. Once everything dried, the lines were run from the tanks to the T and then to the engine compartment.

hb9c6c25.JPG

I added a hand wheel from the spares box as a shut off valve to complete the installation.

Rhino was kind enough to make a set of decal unit markings, the werewolf came out quite well I believe. Time for some clear coat and on to the pin washes and weathering.

hb883d0b.JPG

Ah ooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPvljWfH00

Thanks for dropping by!

:drinks

Abso-Funking-lutely OUTSTANDING!! I knew you could do it! :drinks :ro: (y) :ro: :v :ro:
I am glad to be a small part of your Panter Projekt!
What does a 2nd gear scratch look like in Panther F, I wunda?

Thanks, my friends, I'm glad you like it! Much more to come if we can get a cool morning to shoot a little paint.

Thanks for coming by!

Ich habe einen Werwulf einen Pina Colada beim Trader Vic's trinken. Sein Haar war doch perfekt!
:rotf :rotf :drinks
Ah OOOOoooooooo!

I mean, to say you are embracing the theme of this campaign would be an understatement! Well thought out, researched and executed! Just enough reality to a plausible what-if

Nice work! :dude

Mike

Many thanks to all who took time to look and comment, I appreciate that! Closing in on the finish, I decided no one should go on a road trip without a spare, SO...

Dragon included a couple spare steel road wheels, clip off the lugs with a micro chisel, center punch the spots and drill out the bolt holes. The one on the right is unaltered.

h5558d90.JPG

h0f91c4d.JPG

I'd swear I took photos of the hold down bracket I made, but maybe not... :hmmm

Yesterday was a blur at the bench, you know how it is when you get on a roll.

h009ba33.JPG

hb574321.JPG

he128e1f.JPG

hf3d8abd.JPG

The night vision was a left over from the old E-100, I enhanced it with wires, bolt heads and such.

h2ec2974.JPG

h52e70d8.JPG

h734c627.JPG

h12c15ac.JPG

h52c2db5.JPG

My friend, Carl Wethington, suggested a blue panel line wash. I like it, but there's a few places I need to dry brush over to tone down the flame cut areas. Getting close, a few more details to add before calling it done.
Thanks for coming by!

That Is look sooooo...Kool!!!...:ro:...I'm looking forward to seeing how you will go about the weathering and bringing it all together.

:v

Back