• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Cyber Hobby Panther F

Thanks, guys! I appreciate your comments. I'm having fun with this one, letting imagination run. :v

h2ffb9a5.jpg

That is so cool and different Mike! Way to go man, I'm looking forward to seeing more. Your exhaust looks incredibly realistic.

Looking SU-Weet! Perhaps a pair of eyes on the front of the hull would give her a more "Werewolf-ish" look?
My 2-cents worth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpYBT0XyvA

Thanks to all who have been following along and took the time to comment, I appreciate the feedback very much! I've piddled with this a little this weekend and manage to get it up on the tracks.

h299f31c.jpg

I used the Uschi track blackener, followed by a thinned layer of AK Interactive track wash. I always want some dirt on the under side of the fenders and up against the hull, this is my own blend of Vallejo pigments applied over AK acrylic thinner.

hcd47aa2.jpg

Road wheels!

h3d0be54.jpg

Followed by the tracks.

ha31f41f.jpg

I was reading a chapter in my copy of The Modeling Guide For Rust And Oxidation by Jari Hemila and decided to try my hand at the techniques. I also watched a video online on rust techniques that made a lot of sense, so I mixed the two.

First, I got out the appropriate Model Air colors and implements of destruction.

h47d7d35.jpg

I wasn't sure I'd like the results, so I used a spare part to use as a test bed. The test part was sprayed with El Cheapo Black spray paint as a base coat.

Using the paint straight from the bottle and a very used brush, I stippled the colors over the part.

hca71df6.jpg

h640b8d1.jpg

h607d6e5.jpg

Looks like steel plate to me, now if I can just do it again on the actual part. :rotf The actual part is drying and the day has gotten away from me, time to go cook dinner and have a libation. Stay tuned for the next installment, will it be OH COOL or WTF? Thanks for coming by, still a ways to go.

:drinks

Awesome progress there Bro. the Rust technique seems to have worked out well and I'm digging the contrast with the road wheels. Oh and let's not forget that crazy Charlie Brown camo scheme....Love it :ro:

:v

Back