• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Do we have a Trophy Case?

Way to go ... Mark ... I think you should of got 1st on the Saturn ...congrats & good luck on next show ... (y) (y) (y)

Thanks Gerry! I can accept the Third Place; the competition in that category was stiff and there are some noticeable flaws in the Saturn V finish that don't show up on pics. They can be seen quite well when viewing close up. I'm quite happy with this result.

Well, I got back from Orangecon yesterday where I was able to pick up a lot of things I had bought before, but did not pay for. My friend brought them in so now I can complete even more of my Russian Armored Trains. I also picked up two more models that were pretty good deals, along with some accessories and stuff awarded in the raffle.

But the real highlight of the day was getting four awards! That was a surprise beyond anything I could have imagined!

Here they are...

I got a Second Place in Ships; 1/451 and Larger with my German V-105 WWI torpedo boat:

Orangecon_2015_Second_PLace_28129.JPG

Then I got a Third Place in Small Scale Wheeled Vehicles with my Mack Tank Transporter with FT-17 tank:

Orangecon_2015_Third_PLace_28129.JPG

Then I got a Third Place in one of the splits: Sci-Fi, Star Wars Only, for my Finemolds Y-wing fighter:

Orangecon_2015_Third_PLace_282b29.JPG

And finally, I got a Third Place in the other part of that split: Real Space for my Saturn V Rocket:

Orangecon_2015_Third_PLace_28329.JPG

Man, I'm stunned! That's the first time I've ever taken that many awards home from an Orangecon! WOW!!!

Later on I'll try to post all my latest scores. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks very much guys for the great congratulations! I am still a bit overwhelmed over it all. Bob, it was very stiff competition. I am very surprised at most of these awards. Orangecon tends to being out the Best of the Best in the Southwest; as well as other places. We had contestants from as far as Mexico, Chicago, and even IPMS Belgium! Competition at Orangecon ranks up there with an IPMS Nationals or Eagle Quest.

Don't compare octacon to Eagle Quest ... As I want to enter something next year and I to feel I have half a chance ...

Don't compare Orangecon to Eagle Quest ... As I want to enter something next year and I want to feel I have half a chance ...

Gerry, no matter how I may compare contests; your chances of success are always dependent upon your skills. Build the best you can and whatever the outcome, talk to lots of people to see how you can improve to get the next level of awards. As far as I'm concerned, you do have half a chance, especially if I can take a couple Thirds at Orangecon. You are at least as good; if not better than I am.

Last March 6th I went with several friends to the Pasadena Valleycon 2016 contest held at the Petersen Automotive Museum. I entered eight models: seven small scale armor models and my Saturn V. My Saturn V was entered in Miscellaneous since George Creed didn't have a real space category. When the judging dust had settled, my Saturn V was awarded the Best Miscellaneous award:

Vallercon_2016_Best_MIsc.jpg

If you look close, that little white spot at the base of the rocket is an astronaut who is the same scale as the rocket. That'll give you some sense of the size on this beastie.

Thanks for looking in...

Back