• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fall Figure Festival

Have some russian tankriders that i'm gonna use for the T-34 that i will be doing in an upcoming campaign, maybe i jump in here and show when i mess them up! :)
//Mats

I got somewhere a DEAD Verlinden horse in 1/35 in my junk.[will need sometime to find it]... :D

Any good for this campaign?

Greetings,Ron.

Well Ron however Id like to see you paint up a Horse I think we should stick to human or humanish ( fantasty ) figures to the purpose of this campaign :)

Now if there was a figure to go along side the horse then of course it would be acceptable as part of the base

count me in, i will build 2-3 figures from these (not all!!) :)
building them no problem, painting them.... that's when the problems start!
P1070251.JPG

//Mats

Excellente dave

Matts let me ask first of all are you using an aftermarket head like Hornet ?

If not, no problemo, and have you got a good old Khaki acrylic paint ?

Andrea does a good one Russian Khaki AC5 I think is the number

no aftermarket heads yet, had a few in metal from verlinden but never used them :)
Maybe i get some if i can find them here.
Have a jar of tamiya khaki and i will keep an eye open if i see the one from Andrea too.
Edit: the no5 andrea is english khaki, russian khaki is no8 :)
//Mats

Resistance is futile Martin...resistance is futile!

well you almost right :)

I do have to finish a fig until next June (I guess) - only this is started already and that wont fit to the rules, so I do it aside this festival :)

the base is at this stage
P1050815_1.jpg

and the fig is already base painted

This gives me a reason to not be so lazy and get something done! (y) :D Count me in for the long haul! :pp

Joe

Wahoo Hey thank you Joe !! (y)

Matts thank you I knew it was something like that :laugh:

One tip though Tamiya isnt very good for figures brushig wise, unless you are spraying it as a base coat

yes the tamiya paints suck for brushing! don't know what they done, thought they worked fine before :(
//Mats

yes the tamiya paints suck for brushing! don't know what they done, thought they worked fine before :(
//Mats

Mats if you can get them in Belgium try the TAMIYA ENANELS they really work nice for brushing on figures.
Storage life of the Tamiya ENAMELS isn't that big like the HUMBROL ENAMELS though....It seems that Humbrol enamels have a storage life 'for ever'. :)

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/archive.htm [scroll to tools and paint]

I totally agree on that Tamiya Acrylics don't get the job done...however,somebody told me;if you thin the Tamiya Acrylics with a bit of dishwater [like DREFT or Prill] the surface tension is much better and you CAN use them for brush painting.[...I have never tried that,though] :unsure:

Greetings,Ron.

I have been brush painting with Tamiya Acrils for years with really no issues, except with black and white! But my greys and blues ect have been fine. I use floquil for black gloss and MM for flat black now. But I still haven't found a good brush able white in any mixture...

I got somewhere a DEAD Verlinden horse in 1/35 in my junk.[will need sometime to find it]... :D

Any good for this campaign?

Greetings,Ron.

Hey Ron
Nothing says you can't suggest your own DEAD horse campaign...I know I'd join. :laugh:

Tom

OK BRB, you and me bud you and me. :D
Here are mine:
100_1081.jpg

This set is on the way:
PI000000151620.jpg

Tony lee

You are the man, Tony!

I have never painted a figure before, so bear inmind this may not turn out too well! Mine are Russian Tankers, two of which hve not even been procured yet!

One is from the Tamiya Russian Tankers set (I will post an un-built pic of same before starting) and here is a link to the other two:
http://www.coloradominiatures.com/tnk-35096.aspx

I'm doing three- I'm trying to get some of these fellas off the shelf.

trek_fiures.JPG

Two in 1/24 and one in 1/48- of course that is Spock and Sulu from my now defunct bridge set used to build the still going slowly saucer!

And the other guy is an air force enlisted that came with the Testor's 1/48 Area 51 UFO kit (more stuff from that saucer)

If this won't work let me know! But this is due in Nov right?

Tried all that Ron and they are still crapiola in my opinion best to stick to the proper stuff

You all better listen to that British bloke then! :D
Well as sad before,...I never tried it.Good to know that it doesn't work well.

CRAPIOLA,....another word from the queens English dictionary!GOT TO remember that one.... :laugh:

Greetings,Ron.

Back