• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gepanzert Graben Gehhilfe, 1916

Thanks everyone...I'm nearly done with weathering... trying to decide on an appropriate base. I'd like to see the suits in a workshop of sorts...just picked up a hoist for the aerial suit...was looking at some of Verlinden's old sets...there a blacksmith shop I thought was interesting and bid on, but sadly no one else has come out with the machinery type sets like they used to have...lathes, drill.presses, etc...

Ok ..trying best to decide whether to continue with this or try something else. Keeping in mind the rule of not having a lot of empty space...is this instead too crowded? I also have the Plus Model Blacksmithery on the way and am not sure whether I'm using all or just some of it...

he016de4.jpg

h26062d1.jpg

h5a4eadf.jpg

h1d76da7.jpg

Thanks everyone...seemed an appropriate name for something so massive...and with all the Norse references in German history, why not? ;)

So I've started work on the base...would like to have wood planning for the tavern floor...these aren't cut yet or arranged correctly, but just trying to get a feel...my question is what's the best way to pay these down...glue them individually or lay them down and then spread the glue over it all?
hc5a1f53.jpg

h9b08b39.jpg

I have been missing a lot with the little bit of time I get to check the site out Looking fantastic mate

Stagger the planks for it to be more realistic. You can do each one but I think you'd do better taking some thinned white glue and spreading it on the base, like you see folks doing tile. Should be a smooth surface you're flooring, that rough floor will give you trouble.

A Little tip, treat the tavern just like a model kit. Don't rush it, just because it is not the focal point. Spend the time painting and weathering it just like you would any other model.

Thanks Dave!

Bob- I am planning on staggering them...just set them in there for now...I do want them a bit beat up (warped) since the roof is gone and they're exposed to the elements. I did sand things down a bit after this...it's not perfectly flat, but I'm not going for immaculate.

John- absolutely...the white paint on the walls was just to see how it sets up against the weathered floor ..I plan on spraying a neater coat on and weathering the heck out of it...mold, some algal growth near the bottom, etc...plenty to do.

Would love to have this to show at AMPS, but I'm taking my time. Maybe for Armorcon in the fall....

Tavern is coming along slowly...initial flooring is done...and paint on the walls...I have lots of weathering to do...soot near the forge, mold, mildew, and algae...etc...but my tavern walls are looking bare...was looking into Archer's WWI German propaganda posters....but would really prefer some tavern-ish decorations...any suggestions?

h43b806b.jpg

h71f8453.jpg

The Internet is your friend coupled with the color printer I think you could find all sorts of cool stuff. maybe add some cracks in the plaster if the whole top of the building is gone the plaster should be cracked and chipped.

That's what I normally do, but despite getting new ink cartridges, our printer doesn't seem to be working anymore...not sure a new one is coming anytime soon with a septic system issue we are having.

Back