• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gepanzert Graben Gehhilfe, 1916

That's what I normally do, but despite getting new ink cartridges, our printer doesn't seem to be working anymore...not sure a new one is coming anytime soon with a septic system issue we are having.

Well shit that sucks, what about a big printer at school?

I will probably try that... although the color printer is in the main office under a watchful eye ;) On Spring Break until next Monday though...

IMG_20190425_182305176-800x600.jpg

Trying to get an idea of placement...only thing permanent at present is the forge and bench...

hc976422.jpg

And I'm not 100% on the stonework outside yet...don't know if it's the colors or if they're just too stark...feedback is welcomed!

h00827e1.jpg

Very cool. I wish I had seen this earlier...I had similar ideas (different setting, different time) running through my mind, even ended up with the same mech kit. I'll have to change up my plans, my current idea is going to seem too much like I'm copying yours.

Looking forward to watching this develop. :good:

What jumps out at me is the soot needs to go all the way up the wall, dissipating as you go up. There needs to be a coal bin or pile for the forge with a shovel and that anvil would get knocked over at first bump. The stump should be bigger, think center of gravity and add tools around it where the smith can reach them easily. Google blacksmith shops, loads of images to work from. Carry on.

Ok..that's two comments on clutter...but does that mean too much or too little? The suit is definitely a space taker, but I'm imagining they have it in there just for some tweaking...

Rubble I am planning on some outside but wanted to get the basic stonework done first.... here's where I'm at after a wash or two...seems a bit less obtrusive...

h4c93c33.jpg

Mike...

I was thinking the same thing on the soot. Should be able to get some coal piled up...but might be more clutter...maybe outside? I have a smaller anvil that might fit the log better but these two came together in the Plus Model kit...

You have no clutter from what I see so.. clutter! Pull out the spares box and all the unused parts, paint'em and pile it up. Since this is fantasy it really doesn't matter what's in there.

Rubble out side.

Oh no worries there...I've got tons of tools...they're just in the paint stages....welding carts and tanks, tool boxes, drums, etc...

One question- the Tamiya kit comes with an air compressor...were they in use then? Course I suppose the whole armoured suit thing wasn't real so....

You're building a MEC in WW1 scheme. :smack

You could put in there a "phase 3 inverted modulation calibrator with optional torx adapter" and no one can call you on it. :rotf

:popcorn

Not just tools to look at left overs on old sprees, this is a field expedite work shop, there would be crap everywhere, including trash old rusty stuff, tires boxes crates palettes everything including the kitchen sink...

Thanks for the great advice everyone! I'll be looking through the vendors at Nationals for more props....

Trying out some different placements for the suits. The one with the red suit on the right gives more room for stuff but I'm not sure having it lined up so parallel is great?

hca9e1dd.jpg

hc9a689c.jpg

h03550f6.jpg

I think the middle would work well once you add a small pile of clutter/junk in the back corner to "occupy" the current dead space.

Back