• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JU 86 E-2

And then... :soldier

h888fff9.jpg

You can tell it's German engineering . Hard to place all parts in one place :rotf

Cheers , Christian B)

Nice job on the engines Christian! Is it just me though, or does the starboard wing look really off in this picture?

:huh:

And then... :soldier

h888fff9.jpg

You can tell it's German engineering . Hard to place all parts in one place :rotf

Cheers , Christian B)

Nice job on the engines Christian! Is it just me though, or does the starboard wing look really off in this picture?

:huh:

No problems Warren . It's just all cobbled together so I could get some sort of idea how it will appear .
That's why I was kidding about German engineering . Always too many parts :rotf . It need the belly pan in before the wings can be installed .

Cheers, C B)

Trying to sort out how a number of interior pieces were made to go together . Not the greatest design Or instructions... :soldier

In the meantime I decided to make the exhaust since the kit is pretty much lacking it.

h43f10d7.jpg

Cheers , Christian B)

Playing with the interior parts over the weekend . Rather interesting . Most of them are hints and suggestion .

In the end , the piece displayed is not long enough to bridge the gap between the bulkhead and the fuselage .

That said , I made one from card stock. After four attempts I got a near fit , so I'm gonna doctor it and paint it.

hd25ddf7.jpg

Another near fit . :idonno Had to add some sprue there as well.

hb1b64ca.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Limited run kits can be a real challenge to build and always have issues. The positive note is that not many folks ever build or finish them so you will have something quite unique when fiinished.

(y)

Hints, allegations and things left unsaid. Great album, not so great for instructions.
Glad you're making progress.
:good:

:hmmm :popcorn Unusual and interesting.
You never see one of these being built and you surely have some work ahead. Great build though.

Regards
Ian.

Thanks Ian . I was so hopping that this would just be a fun paint kit :rotf So much for that . At least the will be two sizable box boxes gone from the pile :)

Cheers, Christian B)

I'd buy that explanation if this was a limited run kit .

This company has been a main marked item since the 70's under Super Model , Italaerei , Italeri and Italeri/Testor .

Most of it with the same old molds .

Cheers, Christian

Limited run kits can be a real challenge to build and always have issues. The positive note is that not many folks ever build or finish them so you will have something quite unique when fiinished.

(y)

I'd buy that explanation if these guys had not been circling the block forever .

This company has been a main marked item since the 70's under Super Model , Italaerei , Italeri and Italeri/Testor .

Most of it with the same old molds . :sick:

Hopefully it will be interesting when I get done :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you for following along . I have spent quite some time getting these pieces to fit together but i think ifs timme to give them the big squeeze.

Just doing the aft section tonight

fuselage_001a~0.jpg

Not much tonight but its in work.

Cheers < Christian B)

Back