• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JU 86 E-2

Thanks for staying tuned in guys :good:

I'm not sure Italeri WW II aviation kits have ever been marvelous but I have not built them all .
So far , I think the 72 scale CR.42 has been their best .
I still have plenty in the closet that need exploring before I can comment further.

Ok, so there's my last bit of progress The fuselage seems have been conquered and I can finish assembling the fuselage bits.

h2c05fc4.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Since the fuselage has no positive places to install the interior , I rinse the dust from inside and created my own primitive mounting......Sticks and nearly had to get some stones :rotf

hb5eea1c.jpg

Now for the belly pam .

The undersized bomb bay doors have been replaced with card material and the lower dust bin has been removed and is about to be fared over.

Cheers, Christian B)

Pretty much Mike . Now it's stretched sprue and card stock to plug all the holes and keep the dirt out ,

h2c0edc2.jpg

Now some lunch while this melted plastic dries a bit :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Chris. I like the way you boxed in the wheel bays. Looking forward to more.
James

Thanks guys. Not much to show today . Spent the day getting the wheel well sealed and ready for paint as well as some other fine details.

The canopy was a near fit. I had to raise it with 0.010 shims . Going for the second round of Surfacer and sanding to make it fit better .

h8574cee.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back