• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JU 86 E-2

Wow, I've been following along and one of the things that impressed me the most was that canopy fit! What a Magnificent smooth job! Man, I gotta quit! I'm not worthy! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks Mike , Bob , Dave . The grinding continues. No wonder you don't see these built all the time :pinch:

The nose pieces continue to be a bit of mystery I'm starting to think a number of teenagers created this thing during the summer months .

Event the parts tree drawing is missing numbers that are called out in the assembly diagram :rotf

Glad I have two noses for this build . The first needed a lot of buffing . Finally damaged it.

The second started cracking around the machine gun port and continued getting worse ( upper ).

hb62c5d8.jpg

Tried to var-form the dome but that did't work either , so I cut out the front windows and hope to reassemble enough parts to make it work.

h15b2989.jpg

WOOF ! Christian B)

Wow, I've been following along and one of the things that impressed me the most was that canopy fit! What a Magnificent smooth job! Man, I gotta quit! I'm not worthy! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Don't quit Duke . Just go to Mike's steps :soldier Fill, sand, repeat. (y) say a few blessings or a small prayer ( whatever you're inclined to do ) and repeat :fencing

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Christian. I do a lot of that already with every build. Good to know I'm doing something right, especially the prayers.... :huh:

Thanks guys :good: The nose piece has been quite the quagmire but I just buffed it and It's as good as I know how to make it.

Unfortunately I have no way of buffing the inside , so it is what it is :idonno . The gun barrel will be mounted after the paint .

h5f258cc.jpg

Now I can look at the wings :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you everyone . This morning I glued the wings to the fuselage . Not exactly a marriage made in Heaven ( more of the same ) :(

I was making such a mess trying to make them mate that I decided to close the rest of the wheel wells to keep the junk from migrating to the fuselage

haad5bff.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good on you, though! :mpup

You're going to mess around and finish this beast. (y)

Wow that really is giving you a fight. Still, you look like you got this under control. Show this thing who's boss! :bat

Nothing more satisfying then making a stubborn kit bend to your will!!...Awesome Results!
:v

Back