• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ME410 All the Way

Don't suppose you can camouflage the offending frame, maybe if that is a window that opens or a section of the frame that opens. Since you have the engine panels removed, stands to reason the canopy would be open also.

Hmmmmm I have been musing over your predicament :hmmm And I think that maybe you should contact Woody at Archer Decals and ask him if he can make a straight strip type surface detail for the model aircraft modellers , this is black in colour but it could be airbrushed before application and applied like a normal decal.

Jenny :kiss:

chukw wrote:
Many thanks!

Here's a quick update- time is short!

Me410_542.jpg

Me410_543.jpg

Hi there. Could you put the vac canopy over a plaster plug, sand off the offending external ribs, add pre-painted internal ribs where needed and then polish up the exterior of the canopy with sanding film?

Cheers from Peter

Ah, I see, I would take a step further from Peter, remove the offending frames from the original and cast from it. Or fill in frames on the plaster cast.

So the second casting was made from the first reveres casting which will be used to make the second reverse casting. So where and how does the clear part get made??

Poor Fritzi , Hannah and Chuck :( , all this worry over a silly windscreen ! That is why you should all build tanks !!! :laugh:

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks, guys! Moon, all will be revealed- promise!

People have asked me one many occasions about the mysterious dot filter technique, whispered about in seedy backroom bars and the isolated huts of ominous mystics. All is revealed below- with plenty of pics that, under careful study, will show this useful tool in its natural habitat- Fritzi?

Me410_561.jpg

Me410_562.jpg

Me410_563.jpg

Me410_564.jpg

Me410_565.jpg

Me410_566.jpg

Me410_567.jpg

Me410_568.jpg

Me410_569.jpg

Me410_570.jpg

Me410_571.jpg

Me410_572.jpg

Me410_573.jpg

Me410_574.jpg

Me410_575.jpg

Me410_576.jpg

Me410_577.jpg

Me410_578.jpg

Very cool. I love the way you illustrate a point in a fun and effective manner. Geeze between the 410 and the Helldiver you could probably put out a book "Building Planes Step by Step". I'd buy one for sure,

James

Hey Chuk!

I don't know whats more entertaining, the magnificent work your doing on the model or the cartoons of your characters!

Still awesome work!

dave

Chuck, If you wrote a book on building aircraft (or armor) (or cars) (or ships) (or S/F), I'd buy two of each, one signed copy, and one to read again and again and again. Fantastic work, and I hope you get the canopy troubles solved.

Wes

Back