• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram box scale Cessna 182

Monogram box scale Cessna 180

This is great to follow! I too wish there were more civilian aircraft, particularly in 1/72 scale.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Well James in that case I have good timing...
I cut the toy hinges off the doors earlier and sanded the door smooth, more will likely be needed. Wait n see I guess.
I've made, not "accurate" but more appealing door hinges and set the doors in place to test fit everything, I like it. I've also modified the engine cowling and firewall to more closely represent the 182.
he321816.JPG

h07daa78.JPG

h803df85.JPG

I also couldn't resist putting it up on it's legs for an idea of the stance.
Here it is looking like it's going in for a rebuild;
hef9f373.JPG

Thanks for looking!

hafe2f4f.JPG

I spent a bit of time in the engine room. It's not truly accurate but more a representative of the prototype.

I made new engine mounts, magnetos and exhausts, got frustrated after losing a precious scratch built header someplace and used the kit headers.

h2f9aff1.JPG

h6a2d8e6.JPG

hafb709c.JPG

Ugh, I hate it when that happens. Still coming along nicely despite the temporary setback.

Thanks. I'm always losing things in here, gets a bit frustrating being such a loser.
I've built a muffler that I can swivel in order to have a removable cowl assembly, so I can, if need be, show the engine.
the two parts, engine and cowl.
h928452b.JPG

the muffler outlet pivoted ahead
h9390e8e.JPG

going together
hbb70b11.JPG

installed and tail pipe swiveled back into place
h7ecfe22.JPG

Thanks for looking

This brings back fond memories of Tri-pacers and Cherokees from when I was a much younger child!
I love this little Cessna build! :love Makes me a little misty, truly. (y)

Thanks muchly!!
I've got a bit of interior work completed. Still have a ways to go.
hfe66efc.JPG

h28576b5.JPG

Fine job Chris,that's turning out really nice. (y) (y)

Is that red colour painted on or did you glue some kind of material on there?

I have finally achieved that momentous step of closing the fuselage, dealt with the seams and re-riveted the surface, I may scribe in some panels as well. I haven't done that yet, still debating.
I installed the filler in the belly for the original wheels in front of the cabin door and filled and sanded that smooth as well. Tail planes installed, and....yes! It sits on all 3 wheels!

hbf3b4c7.JPG

h9bbe079.JPG

Niiiice!!
Is that an oil cooler I see on the right hand side of the engine?
Thanks James.
Yes, a bit of 1/24 model car radiator stuck to the side of the engine doing an impersonation of an oil cooler, but looks so nice through the cowl openings

Most impressive! I especially love how it sits on all three wheels. You've done a masterful job on this so far. Looking forward to seeing more.

Back