• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Monogram box scale Cessna 182

Monogram box scale Cessna 180

Thanks guys! you're too kind! But I appreciate it!
I got some Alclad Lacquer polished aluminum on the model tonight, after giving the gloss black base/primer a week to cure off.
A few seams appeared after the aluminum went on (nasty little bugger) but like some small oil leaks on a big rig, some issues are acceptable.. live n learn
h19eb6e2.JPG

hf2b0031.JPG

Thanks for looking!!

Soooooo...while the paint is drying and curing and I'm working up the nerve to mask and put more color on the Cessna.
I dragged out a vac. model I started in 2017 and began re-tinkering on it between paint sessions. A Broplan ATR 72 600 that I am converting to an ATR 42 300, I'm doubtful of the interest here but, it's something of interest and a learning curve for me. I have documented my "progress" so far but just a pic of what I've got done to date...here's a picture of the model.
h1d42079.JPG

The wing and gear landing sponson are not attached yet but the fuselage is joined and seams filled.

Thanks Pup!
It’s uncharted territory for me but that didn’t stop me from buying and building full resin kits either (7 of those built now) although I think I still prefer the resin kits at this point.
I shall continue on with the build as well as I can, Arctic decals is doing up decals for me and with the quality of his work I don’t want to do half a job on my end and ruin his work

I like Airplanes. I admire your metal finishes! I struggle with models that aren't camouflaged.
:salute (y)

Hi again guys and thanks for stopping for a look and commenting.
I've masked and shot the black and teal colours I wanted on the model (for that retro look) and unmasked the main job. The tail will get colour tomorrow. The Teal is home made from Tamiya blues and greens.
Drawing out the pattern;

h97b808f.JPG

applying colour;

h5c5053b.JPG

masks off;

h1a97c98.JPG

h5487fb2.JPG

hb5f7338.JPG

Monogram box scale Cessna 180; completed

Thanks!
I wasn't sure I was going to pull this one off for a while, it was a kind of a different job for me as I like float planes!
Anyway, I think I'm over the hump and heading down hill now. I masked and painted the graphics on the tail, I'll cobble up and used decals for the registration. No way I'm going to try painting letters! I'm at the far edge of what can be done with Tamiya tape I think. It's great tape to be sure but was probably not designed for this kind of thing.

h81a98b7.JPG

h2e09df9.JPG

ha7546c2.JPG

Once again, thanks for looking!

h3aa0fd5.JPG

Oh man, I am overwhelmed! This is just too much, I haven't the words to describe my stunned admiration for this masterful work!

Oh man, that is so nice. (y)
I think I'll crawl under my desk and suck my thumb. Those are the same colours as the first 180 I ever saw, must have been the winter of 1955 or 56. Reg was CF-KQG, that I still remember also.

You guys are waaay to kind!
But I really do appreciate it coming from such fine modellers!
I'm down to...well, close to the finish line. I mean I think I can see it down there somewhere...
I've thinned the prop added the struts (and tie downs) and made and installed a bit of a representation of a pitot.
Prop work
hafeebd6.JPG

pitot work
hf08b904.JPG

fianlly up on its wheels and wheels faired in.
h2f9a4dc.JPG

hc54cc02.JPG

hc002c25.JPG

hba208b8.JPG

I'll try making a widshield centre frame from BMF later on, I still have to paint nav. lights as well and come up with a reg. for it.

h0b78773.JPG

Thanks for looking!

Back