• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pаспу́тица (Time without roads) BA-6 Dio

B) Looking good John, always a challenge to get an old shelf queen out and complete it.
The interior of the vehicle looks great. I love the 'old school' scratch work.

Thanks Ian - I am going to get them all done so I have no model guilt!

Some progress. Glued up some of the shapeways parts, the column is still just blue-tacked, it will get added last. I am still waiting on the gingerbread for the eves and the edge of the roof.

XefqejR.jpg

I am also using these posts with some brass wire and PE for an Iron fence.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/5APQP9SJL/1-35-railing-set?optionId=59716079

This is the inspiration photo - not 100% as I had to space the windows out a bit more, but I think its really close!
NnGna1S.jpg

The level of detail is really fantastic, very realistic. Looking forward to more! (y)

Those Shapeways parts are really looking good, can't wait for the painting to commence. (y) :drinks

Sad, I was turned down for my 1/35th scale mortgage to afford the gingerbread work...

Regards,

Working on roof slates using Diorama Debris' molds. Sure wish they were twice as large... First step is apply debubblizer. Then I load a monoject syringe (with the lumen of the tip increased) with OrthoStone (A harder and whiter type of plaster). Then working on a vibarator I fill the mold cavities with plaster. when partially set I clean off the excess with a spatula.

lDtx9RM.jpg

BFx1ixX.jpg

Never heard of Ortho Stone
Does it dry faster etc also?

There are many types of gypsum products. As an occupational hazard I have easy access to many of them. Ortho stone is a middle of the road type of plaster. It is much harder and whiter than what you would find at the hardware store. It has a 10,000 psi compressive strength, while regular plaster of paris is about 2600. This makes the parts more durable, a boon for this project as these roof tiles are about 1/2mm thick.

Back