• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SCHNELLBOOT S-100

It's lookin real good sofar.
I started to build the same last year an got about half way,
THEN while away for 4 month's the wife decided to clean my work room an put it on the floor and forgot about it!!!! :bang head
The dog thought it was a chew toy. :angry:

I now chain the wife up when away. :laugh:

Can't wait to a finished one.

awesome scratchwork abdin! have you ever taken into consideration to install a motor and RC? maybe even small torpedoes filled with black powder to sink smal children's sailing ships? with a model that detailed i think this would be the icing on the cake! :D

plastik smurff, thanks and sorry to hear of the early sinking of your boat.
your dog must be a spy dog and did sabotage to your boat :) :D

Laura,thanks a lot, I did crossed my mind but then realized I dont want to risk all the work and time spend on it, Im going to do a water base for
it when finished :D :ro:

Thats huge! You'll need a bigger bathtub for sure. This in 1/72 has been on my watch list, I would never find the room to show something this big!

Hi all!
Have being busy working on the boat; it’s a lot of work and still a lot to do. The bridge detailing is almost done, just the magazine racks and seats to do. Here are the photos of my work…
The bridge walls molded doors are removed so the PH ones can be placed, the molded track for the rear door is also removed since the S-100 where hinged not slide type. New rivet details are added, plus the vent cover and life preserver bracket. The molded base for the interior seats are also removed to be replaced with new scratch builds ones.
thp97UD.jpg

IyRKE2H.jpg

no0e6H5.jpg

BR0M43d.jpg

The back wall of the chart room has all the details removed and rearranged as in Han-Ju boat
gGU11JG.jpg

Here all details are gone
Tbd2God.jpg

The ventilator is relocated and a cover made for it, also added two supports for the catwalk that goes over this area made from 2mm square x 13.5 long
aVDppeF.jpg

The back wall of the wheel house has the molded door replaced with the PH one from Eduard plus other details
czH9fbh.jpg

The wheel wall received new PH details, the throttle pedestal was cut from the wall, covered the hole and the top of the pedestal with styrene. The throttle assembly was made with a piece of aluminum tubing; the PH detail was glued around it. The pedestal is going to be placed back about 3/16 from the wall.
Molded details are removed
WEHqbSF.jpg

PH details added
No4amXK.jpg

The pedestal is removed
Y8GHrkA.jpg

tNojChN.jpg

LF5tVsn.jpg

kqGdfJ1.jpg

The throttle control is made with a piece of aluminum
vuxnTuK.jpg

eKcuuTp.jpg

Just need to add the levers and is finished
n5rA1ZN.jpg

Now moved to the dash board, the compass looking hole is opened, a lid scratch build and the interior received the PH compass from Eduard and other PH details, now the compass can be seen from the opening
cdK7rGL.jpg

TRQbHDT.jpg

np5Mv7e.jpg

The front gun cover was modified also, it was trimmed on the lower side with the step removed, the molded on holders are Cut flush with the top of the cover and PH + styrene details added. Do not use the rope here as in the kit instructions as it is not used on the real covers, it was held in place just by the 4 locks around it. Dont know where Italery got that from
1gGk3gu.jpg

1mfDOQz.jpg

I’m working in more areas of the boat before starting with the paint so more soon
Thanks for looking!
Abdin

Maravilloso, about time for an update. How did you weather Hurricane Irene? I was there...

Regards,

Hi Saul! well it wasnt so bad on this side of the island, lots of rain, next time you are visiting let me know as I check on my emails every day. ruben and carlos dont do that frecuently.

moon poppy thanks for following :D

Hi to all!

Here are some more photos of part of the work done so far
The skylights are removed from the 3 covers as this where omitted on the S-100 class as a production simplification. So using styrene disks the holes where covered
Z7tDZyu.jpg

A coat of Mr. Surface is applied and sanded smooth
Thn66xi.jpg

And it looks like this now
MsbsWnr.jpg

Next the torpedo tubes are assembled and detailed a little bit
The tubes like it comes
FnDzNXM.jpg

u7iKfT2.jpg

I started by removing the winch pulleys and replacing with the ones from Eduard
1adi8WX.jpg

yqVTikn.jpg

Here the new pulleys are installed; also a Verlinden resin bolt and the winch cable hole is drilled
wdF1woC.jpg

Next the valve like structure on the middle of the tube is also detailed using bits of styrene
The part is cut at this point
QVmsszd.jpg

Here the detail parts to be added
8Lf1RvV.jpg

Now it looks like this
gg2qmQr.jpg

Finally I added some brackets, the cable loop and the door handle to finish it
BoYGBtQ.jpg

as3xHm9.jpg

Next is the targeting computer turn for some details, it has parts from the Eduard set and many scratch build ones, plus very thin solder for the cable connections
The molded door is removed and the new PH installed, also drilled the two communication vision ports and replaced the lids with PH ones
KpzdvbY.jpg

XthifC7.jpg

lq18yrc.jpg

The binoculars are detailed with styrene bits
2r0RSvZ.jpg

The finished computer with the solder wires added
GAhmMxw.jpg

AEkpU6P.jpg

uxqJKAC.jpg

N6Qw4kV.jpg

Now the speech tubes are made using a piece of wire with cooper wire around it plus styrene tube
For the mouth piece
The mouth piece is made by first cutting the plastic with a wire cutter
vJ8TaLf.jpg

Then the plastic is sanded in a U shape and drilled out
f8DiIPs.jpg

Then the other side is sanded to make it look like this
6cdcZln.jpg

The mouth piece is cut from the plastic
knQfDO5.jpg

Now it is glued to a piece of styrene of the new diameter of the mouth piece back, now drill the other side of this plastic to the same size as the wire used to make the flexible section of the tube
2dGwaBc.jpg

The flexible tube section is completed and looks like this
GU0vMNl.jpg

To finish it just glue the mouth piece to one end and another piece of styrene of the same diameter
To the other end
tOYh5VI.jpg

The front hatch housing needs to be trimmed down a little as seen on photos of HA-JU, here is the stock part
5WhXAiX.jpg

It is trimmed about 1.5mm I just used my sanding block to do it
DIsLW7e.jpg

Now it looks like the original one on the photos
71kAS5g.jpg

That’s for now, still much to do. Working on more photos so stay tuned
Thanks for following
Abdin

WOW- Revel has one of these in 1/72 I think, I can't imagine it in 1/35!!!! How much will this monster weigh? WOW again....lol

Maravilloso...
Yo no me recordé el nombre de su negocio y no pude llamarte.

Marvelous.

Regards,

Greetings;

..... Excellent model building......... :) :)

Looking good..... I have one on the back burner.
I hope when I go back to her, mine looks as good
as yours.

Mike

It was about time for another update, I have being busy making a lot of molds for a 1/6 figures, but now is time for the boat. To continue the work on the front area the small deflector that goes on the front gun guide is made with styrene as the one on the Eduard PH set was too big, so I did a new one
Here is the PH one vs. the styrene one
GMySgoo.jpg

The front gun spare barrel container is also replaced with one made from styrene rod, the brackets are PH left over’s bent to shape
Here is the original one
JHCFu6S.jpg

The new replacement finished
fq6FLtG.jpg

Comparison of the two… much better with the new one
rByYd7b.jpg

At this time also assembled and installed the spare ammo holders around the front gun guide, here are all the parts in place
STO80jD.jpg

2Cpu9k3.jpg

Ez9QkND.jpg

The PH door catcher and the PH anti-slip mat are also installed
X50ckpX.jpg

dlGMNdp.jpg

k1Sn2MR.jpg

The entire PH wood floor received a strip of styrene to give more depth to it, so around the armored bridge I used .3X1 mm styrene strip and on the other used .3X1mm
IA8jAth.jpg

YVot5kh.jpg

The four torpedoes are assembled, nice detail here and no modifications
0oe9TP1.jpg

4cb49LD.jpg

OcRhj9K.jpg

Next I moved to the modification of the ammo bins, on the HJ this where modified so the angle on the doors was removed and maid straight. So using styrene I filled the angle and made a new back wall to all the small bins and added an angled strip to the bottom so it rest level when installed on the deck
G1xwk8G.jpg

I took one of the small bins and made a division and a cartridge holder to display it open
yaKTARk.jpg

cWTDfxY.jpg

Using styrene pieces I constructed the clip holders
noHn8nK.jpg

6gmBW7x.jpg

u9nHlfa.jpg

3aiJkCb.jpg

It looks like this with the clips holders in place
cg2xc3g.jpg

Now I needed more ammo cartridges, so using the cartridges from a tamiya mobelwagen I made a mold and casted all the cartridges
bNWiU37.jpg

Here the holder with the cartridges
RXFmGqW.jpg

Finally the complete and full ammo bin
eY5DOD7.jpg

nD8aRX4.jpg

The large ammo bin gets its shelves and is ready to be full of ammo
amW72ff.jpg

Still uploading photos so stay tuned
Thanks!!
Abdin

Back