• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The ETO Battlewagon-M4A3E8(76)-Dragon 1/35th

I get that it is easy to post photos Bob, will it resize large format photos down to a smaller size? Many of the photos that come from the phones or cameras directly are enormous.

Yep, image is processed real time. In fact, you can post from mobile device directly. Pretty slick. Just think, being on your bench and bring up your mobile, post a question and attach a photo without touching a computer. :geek

Ooh, that will be nice. That's why my last few pics have just been off my Flickr account. It was too much hassle to try to adjust the pic size after the fact to upload to the gallery.

Ok since we are talking mobile devices I'll the sticky question....What about the ribbons? They are kind of...oh who am I kidding...they are huge P.i.t.A on modiles. Any ideas how they will work on the new site?
:evil:

The ribbons are very cumbersome when viewing the site on a phone, I've had several people tell me that's why they don't like our site. I know everyone worked hard to earn them, but maybe we could figure a way to link to them or something?

The ribbons are very cumbersome when viewing the site on a phone, I've had several people tell me that's why they don't like our site. I know everyone worked hard to earn them, but maybe we could figure a way to link to them or something?

We need an option for each user to turn them off.

View Signatures option. I'll ask our developer.

I know others have mentioned it to me that they are an issue as well. perhaps if they can be incorporated into the profile somehow??

The new site is going to look great! Very excited about it!

:D

Sorry about opening up that can ol worms there Bob.... :tomato..Can we still be friends, I'll buy you lunch :drinks

We need an option for each user to turn them off.

I find them cumbersome on my computer . Been complaining for years . I also know people that refrained from posting because of it :S

Call it Campaign Service Record that lets you post your ribbons under a link to your profile? A lean, mean posting machine. Oo rah!

It would appear the issue with signatures is taking care of itself.
Our current signature does not show on the forum postings but under the "About" tab on our profiles.

h5874659.PNG

What do y'all think about that?

We keep our campaign ribbons but they are more personalized under our profiles.

Our current signature does not show on the forum postings but under the "About" tab on our profiles.

h5874659.PNG

WOOT

The ribbon parade is exactly why I have the animated file for a signature. I have seen instances on other sites where that is what folks do, they create animated files that show the ribbons or plaques earned. I also always wondered just what folks built to earn the ribbon, but at this point it is moot on most of them.

I think that looks like a good solution!

Testing out the new site has started...so far it looks really sweet!!! :frantic

h418cc84.jpg

:v

What better way to test out the new digs then a complete build log. This project was for a Sherman campaign on Armorama way back in 2010 and is the first full model project after I retired from the Air Force...So lets gets started! ?

BW000.jpg

This Photo has always been one of my favorites of a Sherman in wartime action. The wear of combat shown both by the vehicle and crew epitomizes the harsh conditions endured by man and material. Additionally the configuration of the supplemental armor utilizing the combination of both sandbags and gas cans make this somewhat unique from other Shermans using field added armor.

Prior to starting the build I spent several hours (more like days) analyzing the photo and deciding which features I wanted to include. The idea is to not build an exact replica but serve more as an inspiration, with some artistic license.

BW000a.jpg

The base kit will be the older Dragon M4A3E8 “Aibin F Irzyk” kit 6283. However for this build a turret with the larger round loaders hatch was needed. Recently I picked up Dragons new E8 “Thunderbolt VII” kit which comes with a spare turret which fits the bill. As a bonus the “Thunderbolt VII” kit also comes with the T66 magic tracks, which are needed as well. I decided early on to keep the use of aftermarket items to a minimum. I was able to locate, fairly cheaply, RB Models from Poland, the 76mm main gun barrel and 30cal bow machine gun barrel. All additional details will be made from scratch, savaged from the spare parts bin or previously owned aftermarket items, mostly storage…maybe.
BW001.jpg
BW002.jpg

For the finial display I’ll stick to a somewhat simple layout as shown below with one figure, on the left, from an old Jaguar set

BW003.jpg
View attachment

Thanks for joining along!! The next update will be soon....
View attachment

Back