• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

I'll have some pictures tomorrow but some good progress. She's up on her legs now, got the torsion bars installed. Funny thing, I decanted that Kyrlon into an empty Tamyia thinner bottle, not much of a mess, did good. Out the lid on it and after a while looked over at the bottle and it was swollen up like a balloon. I took the cap off cautiously, didn't want any open flames around...Kinda worried me over night so I put it in a trash can just in case it decides to blow. That would be a mess!

:soldier

Guess I need to start with some weathering down in here before I get too far along. Read a review build about how the the torsion bars had to be trimmed to fit. I had no problem with that, I installed the bars first then the swing arms for the road wheels. in fact, the torsion bars are just floating in there, they are not glued at all.

hfc676e0.jpg

Should have cleaned my camera lens also. Took 3 other shots and this is the best of them. :idonno

Looks cool! I wouldn't go too crazy, so much will disappear when you button it up. Keep moving forward. :soldier
(y)

Very little progress. Got the transmission build up today.

h90efc42.jpg

Really hard to work with so many layers of stuff going in here. Not sure when to start painting stuff white or now. Think the vertical surfaces were white?

Back