• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tiger II the King

Your over thinking the colors. "Luke. Use the KISS principle". I can't afford all these aftermarket goodies. We were looking for paint colors at Lowes for our house and I stumbled on a color strip my wife had and on it was a color that looked like Panzer yellow called "cool camel". I asked the paint guy if he could place the card in the computer the get the formula. He did and the break down is something like 36 parts black,10 parts yellow ochre, 3 parts red oxide "a dark red", and 40 parts white. Hobby Lobby and Michaels doesn't carry these colors. I don't buy online. Here's a pic of the card. Great detail. Gary S.

h88e6203.JPG

Bet I am too late to the party on this one, but I have primer O'Plenty if you still need, can run it over

It was at the mailbox waiting on me.

h962837e.jpg

Nice box, big box, deep.

h1185948.jpg

Top notch instruction book.

hf0b3d64.jpg

Copyright on the floor, hope it's covered up but I scraped it off anyway.

h8204f25.jpg

Interesting detail inside the drive housing for those who want to build something under maintenance or knocked out. There was another kit that had detail like this, guess it was one of the Bradley's. The locator pins were not well defined, a bit of play so watch out.

hc716a7c.jpg

Side wall built up, really nice looking detail in there. That heater core had no real locating pin, just a butt joint. Hope it's in the right location.

h1f1e09a.jpg

A bit of over engineering, all part M7 adds to M3 is a tab to insert to the slot.
h5bec67b.jpg

So off we go with an Ardennes Tiger. Not too beat up but dirty and muddy I think.

Quick question, I have British Crimson on hand, can that work for the red primer or am I ordering new paint?

Think I will get a good barrel for this.

So come on guys, get your KT on! :soldier :Hiay

Thanks Randy.

I'm back from my Mid Atlantic tour of Salisbury MD, Washington DC and Baltimore this week. My back is killin' me, should have invested in the $75 First class upgrade when it was offered, the sardine class was packed! Hope to be back at the bench this weekend. :soldier

Nice Choice Bob,

The build is coming along nicely. Awaiting for this kit to come in now for a diorama.

The best thing is it's out of the box, with all those parts there is no need for enhancing. :good:

Look forward to seeing your progress. :popcorn :popcorn

Michael :drinks

h2d230ba.jpg

Really nice motor here. I'm going to do a bit more painting on this, weathering, a little oil here and there. I don't think this would have been a major leaker of fluids so it'll be relatively clean. Most of this will be hidden so I'm not knocking myself out. Very close to installing it at this point. :soldier

h2d230ba.jpg

Really nice motor here. I'm going to do a bit more painting on this, weathering, a little oil here and there. I don't think this would have been a major leaker of fluids so it'll be relatively clean. Most of this will be hidden so I'm not knocking myself out. Very close to installing it at this point. :soldier

Looking great so far Bob. Not sure these motors wouldn't be dirty, they were notoriously unreliable and constantly being worked on. My bet - very dirty.

I slapped a wash of burnt umber..or something dark on it. Had the oils pulled out for the barrels and crates for the back of the T so I figure what the hey. :soldier

Thanks for the comments and encouragement guys.

At the IPMS show in Atlanta yesterday I got some help with some acrylic red oxide and some other colors. Not sure when I'll be building any Italian armor but I"m ready. :soldier

LOVE this Lifecolor!!!

h7973ee7.jpg

h098bb70.jpg

Parts T5, someone tell me what those are and what they should be painted? They almost look like canvas ammo bags or something.

ha85d634.jpg

I do dig weathering the red oxide. :good:

h6b89a66.jpg

h585c1f8.jpg

h2e5bb7a.jpg

Almost to the point of painting the ammo racks. Can someone point me the right direction to what the warheads should be? Recall I have no paint call out on the interior with this.

Back