• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OH-6A "MISS CLAWD IV"

I have been working on the minigun assembly. The kit parts are pretty detail sparse and really don't depict the gun as used on Miss Claude. So some scratch building was required. Now I'm not the best scratch builder, but I recon I'm the best in my basement. Using a LiveResin minigun I have tried to make a gun more representative of the one used on the real ship. I still have a few things to add, but I think this might pass as something close.

:idonno

DSC02163.JPG

DSC02164.JPG

DSC02165.JPG

DSC02167.JPG

DSC02168.JPG

DSC02170.JPG

Didn't realise the barrels were so close to the fuselage.... there's going to be a fair bit of scorching there, wonder if there was any 'applique' needed/fitted :idonno

Ian

Looks very interesting T . Found more pictures on the net if you need further frustration :rotf

This appears to be a latter versions had a fairing over it. :D

M27.jpg

I don't see any applique armor

Cheers, Christian B)

Didn't realise the barrels were so close to the fuselage.... there's going to be a fair bit of scorching there, wonder if there was any 'applique' needed/fitted :idonno

Ian

The weapon was left in a depressed condition which directed the muzzle blast away from the fuse.

:D

Looks very interesting T . Found more pictures on the net if you need further frustration :rotf

This appears to be a latter versions had a fairing over it. :D

M27.jpg

I don't see any applique armor

Cheers, Christian B)

Those fairings were almost always removed to reduce the heat build up of the gun and for ease of servicing.

:D

Nice to see you made the changes to the Dillon Minigun to convert it to the Hughes model.

Regards,

Nice to see you made the changes to the Dillon Minigun to convert it to the Hughes model.

Regards,

Well I figured I could rearrange the parts and get close. It's not the most accurate, but hopefully it will serve the purpose.

B)

Back