• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Operation Hunley Petticoat

I'll keep it far from Charleston...

ha168f71.jpg

Here's my startup. Gotta think over the water treatment. :hmmm

OMG!!!! Where did you get that? Do you have a time machine? I could have watched that being produced back in the 80s or 90s!

I designed the building where that was made!!!! Read the address on the instruction sheet, 911 Lone Star Drive, Lone Star Industrial Park. I had that built in 1989 and moved out in March, 1999 after Verlinden and I split up. He moved to America in 1996. VLS moved to a much larger building in Moscow Mills, Mo.

:yipee

A fun walk down memory lane!

OMG!!!! Where did you get that? Do you have a time machine? I probably watched that being produced back in the 80s or 90s.!

A walk down memory lane!

I'd have to consult the memory banks...Mike, you remember where I got this? I was wondering if you saw it. :rotf

I intend on making the full hull version in correct colors. Boiler plate iron. :rotf

I think I got it from our pal we always see..what's his name? Out of Ohio.
Yeah it was Altanta a few years ago, not long, maybe in the last 2 years?

Well the Hunley was a civil war boat, soooo....

images

BTW, it was John who called it so congrats John, you got a life time subscription to the website. :rotf

So while doing the yard chores I was thinking about a base. It dawned in me that I had these old frames that Cindy used in the classroom before things went digital. It's a whiteboard on the other side.

h8256630.jpg

Is this going to be too big?
I was thinking that they would be close to the dock, like they had just disembarked but they would have been towed out and Lt Dickson would likely be in the open hatch up front. I don't think I find a figure nor sculpt one so hatches closed.

Concur! It took NUMA a long time to find the rusty Hunley. Pink would have helped bunches!

Concur! It took NUMA a long time to find the rusty Hunley. Pink would have helped bunches!

:blink Actually, all they did was find X on the map that Dr. Lee Spence put there for them to find in the SC Archives when he repeatedly laid claim, but was denied by the State of SC...Sorry, it's a sore spot for us who know Clive Cussler and his guys didn't do anything more than run a magnetometer over the spot that Dr. Spence marked.

:mpup

someone does all the work and then someone else jumps in to sweep up the glory!

I think the frame will look fine Bob! Shouldn't be too big! :popcorn :popcorn

So here is another question, where are you going to put it when done? That is a lot of real estate to lay flat for a little log.

While the frame works, I would think something a bit smaller to fit the model closer, but those are just my thoughts.

Have fun with it Bob! Add some sharks or dolphins running around it. Should be a whale of an interesting display.

mouse.gif

smile.gif

Back