• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Operation Hunley Petticoat

Still 4 pages and I really haven't started.

h061d088.jpg

Here's the plan. Going to build a pier out of basewood, use the acrylic paste stuff to make a fairly smooth water surface but not glassy. Mount the waterline Hunley in the paste and work the waves as it dries. I'm going to be in Knoxville for the next couple of days so i"m not going to start that process yet. Kinda stalled on everything else, no reason just stalled.

If I might make a suggestion.....

h3697749.jpg

Might be a bit more work for the resin dams but you would also use less resin and not have as much dead space...Just a thought. :hmmm

:v

It's a Pink Hunley...that's about as outside the lines you can get...:rotf
I don't have any kydney shaped stuff on hand and don't really want to make one.

I'm calling this progress.

No really.

ha29e0aa.jpg

Making use of some scrap 2X4, it's going to be a slim line base, water on top and i'm either going to make end caps that look like metal or enclose the entire 2x4. No pier, just the pink Hunley hunting her prey.

Good call Bob.
Forward with your plan. :soldier :soldier
It is going to be a great success however you do it.
Frank
:popcorn :popcorn

Now remember that we saw that nice looking Hunley that was made out of paper at the last show we went to.
:v

Are you going to make water around it? And, if so, what are you planning to use to make it with?

Just curious?

Dad

I do remember that Eric, it was amazing, hard to tell it was paper.

Dad I'm going to test "Galeria Heavy Carvable Modeling Paste" to see if it'll work. Might lay down some test slabs tonight. Unless you got a better suggestion. :popcorn

I've been citing what you told me about Lewis and others doing water, using solid materials and painting it like water instead of some clear resin stuff.

I do remember that Eric, it was amazing, hard to tell it was paper.

Dad I'm going to test "Galeria Heavy Carvable Modeling Paste" to see if it'll work. Might lay down some test slabs tonight. Unless you got a better suggestion. :popcorn

I've been citing what you told me about Lewis and others doing water, using solid materials and painting it like water instead of some clear resin stuff.

I would agree, as long as the top coats are high gloss!

I just read this stuff dries clear but I guess that's not going to be an issue. Heading to the garage to run some test shots. :captain

Back